“Decent food, lousy service”
Review of Johnny Carino's

Johnny Carino's
Ranked #28 of 200 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had read several reviews before deciding to come and had great expectations. It was late on a Sunday and I requested a bar seat. I was greeted right away for a drink order and asked the bartender what she recommended for food. Among the three things she mentioned was the bow tie festival, which I had read was very good, so I ordered that. Fresh bread with olive oil was quickly brought out. The great experience ended there. I had to ask for pepper as it had been removed from the bar, I'm guessing for refilling. When the entree arrived, it looked hot and delicious, but I had to request a napkin and utensils-- something that ought never happen in a restaurant! I was given fresh Parmesan and must say the dish was tasty, basically a carbonara without the peas or heavy sauce. When I was ready to leave, the bartender was nowhere to be found. I understand there was only a half hour to go before closing and they have many duties to perform, but my service shouldn't have to suffer because of that. Strike three. I had to ask another server to have someone else process my check so I could leave. I had enough leftovers for two lunches, but because of the lack of service I doubt I'd be back.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,336)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Italian nachos who knew. They where great. Had the combo where I made my own. Lots to choose from. Next time in town I’ll be back

Reviewed 11 November 2018

We returned to Johnny Carion's and were pleased. The chicken pasta dish was delicious as was the bread and olive oil. Portions are big enough to share.

Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

This is the second visit my husband and I have made here. We both ordered lasagna which was nothing short of amazing, I highly recommend it! Our service on the other hand... was terrible! We ran out of drinks about halfway through our meal and asked the waiter (this was the first time he had come back since we received our food) for a refill on both... 20 minutes later at least we ended up asking a waiter passing by for a refill on our drinks. He went and retrieved our waiter and here he come he had done forgot so we asked again.... he decided to bring the table beside of us their order before getting out drinks to us... I was not impressed at all and will not be returning.

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

My fiance and I ate at the Johnny Carinos last night (October 28th, 2018) for the first time since visiting Sevierville. Amber, Our waitress was very helpful and gave us exceptional service while during our dining experience! My husband has many food allergies and she was more than helpful with making sure he was happy with his meal and that he didn't have to sacrifice taste in order to enjoy our dining experience! I was very satisfied with our service as well as our food and the quality at which we received it! We will definitely be back again next year and we are going to be recommending Johnny Carinos to all of our friends and family!

Date of visit: October 2018