“Best and most extensive exotic bird collection I have ever seen. ”

Parrot Mountain & Gardens
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Clean, neat, well kept cages and grounds. Friendly staff. Beautiful facility and you can tell the birds are well cared for. Lots of breeding pairs of endangered or threatened birds. Great place to have a quiet lunch nesseled in the trees surrounded by exotic birds. We found the food to be delicious, much better than Dollywood just down the road. Owner and staff were so nice, you should go see for yourself, you'll be glad you did. Only takes a few hours to see it all and you even get to hold an feed some of the tame birds. Be sure you see the nursery where some of the baby birds are hand raised or even purchase a young bird for your family.

1  Thank Sharon E
Write a ReviewReviews (3,797)
All reviews
"bible verses"
in 41 reviews
"small cup"
in 33 reviews
"wonderful place to visit"
"for sale"
"unique experience"
"favorite part"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I loved this place. Then gardens were beautiful and the birds are amazing. The only down fall I found was they over work these birds with taking photos. The bird I was holding and several other birds were so tired and sleepy from taking photos every few seconds. The bird I was holding feel asleep in my arms like a baby and within a few seconds a man come and too him from me for another photo. I told the man he is really tired couldn't you use another bird and the man said he has to work for those peanuts. well pardon me but don't we pay for those peanuts with admissions. As a animal lover I left with my heart saddened for these birds.Please parrot mountain owners allow these birds to have a break schedule from photos and not use the same birds for every photo and don't take birds out of peoples hands. With them working so hard I don't see them living their full live span.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

First time visitor with my family. We absolutely loved and adored this experience especially being a parrot lover!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Jax, my 12 year olds grandson, along with my wife Sandra, decided to visit Parrot Montain. We were thrilled, excited, and hated to leave after three hours. It was so much fun for me, at 69 years old, to Jax, 12.
There are just too many superlatives to describe it.
But beware, it is literally built on the side of a mountain. We rented a golf cart for $25 and the driver gave us a wonderful tour. She knew everything.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We did not know what to expect. I was happy to give this place money. The fact that they take in birds that people don't want us pets anymore is amazing. We loved all the scripture. If you go make sure you purchase the nectar to feed the smaller parrots. Highlight of our trip. The birds will swarm you. It makes for some interesting pictures and unforgettable memories.