I've been staying at Maples since I was a little girl, and now I'm continuing that tradition with my husband. Our latest trip (the first week of May) was just as we had expected. The office staff are wonderful and friendly, from the reservation phone call to check-out, and you'll most likely end up talking to one of the Maples family members directly. We booked a king room, #117, and were pleased to note that we had stayed in this exact same room years ago. A pleasant surprise from our first time in #117 was that they've put in a nice flat-screen TV, which shows that they are making upgrades as they can. The nice thing about their king rooms is that they cost the same as standard double queen rooms. We've also stayed in one of the Jacuzzi suites near the pool, which are absolutely wonderful and I highly recommend, but I digress.
This trip we enjoyed clean rooms, friendly maid service, and a quiet stay. A lot of older folks stay here and plenty of them were there with their hot rods. This is one of those motels were guests gather in groups outside on lawn chairs and a lot of them will greet you just to say hi. It's a nice atmosphere. There's a nice area behind the motel where you can sit and have lunch, grill out, or just enjoy the beautiful sound of the creek. Yes, the motel is old and there is still wood paneling on the walls and popcorn paint on the ceiling, but don't let that fool you. It's by far our favorite place to stay in Pigeon Forge and you can see their rates for the entire year in just a glance at their website, making it easy to plan your stay if you want to figure out when you can come and pay the lowest rate.
If there is one thing I would recommend, it's to bring your own pillows! We usually do when we travel but we forgot this time and had to sleep on the flat motel pillows. But every other motel I've been to in Pigeon Forge has extremely flat pillows, even the newer ones, so that's not an issue for me. I'm sure if we had asked Maples would have provided us with an extra pillow (you get three in a king room), but we just did without.
If you've never been here before but want a good, clean place to stay that's affordable and has some of the friendliest folks in Pigeon Forge, give the good old Southern hospitality of this place a try!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family business created by a seventh-generation Sevier Countian and his wife and operated by their sons, we specialize in clean, attractive rooms at very reasonable rates. Our staff of 15 is composed of honest local people who strive to be friendly and helpful. Most of our guests are repeat customers or are referred by their friends and families. We are located in the center of Pigeon Forge withing walking distance of several outstanding restaurants, outlet malls, and amusements. Once you have tried our motel, your vacation planning becomes a snap. We've been here 40 years and we ain't going anywhere. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Maples Motor Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Maples Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Maples Motel Pigeon Forge