Shady Oaks Campground
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
See available hotels
Wild Bear Inn(Pigeon Forge)
Smoky Shadows(Pigeon Forge)
View Hotel
Green Valley Motel(Pigeon Forge)
Creekstone Inn(Pigeon Forge)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Norma Dan Motel(Pigeon Forge)
View Hotel
Best Western Toni Inn(Pigeon Forge)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2007

Come on,, youve got to be kidding me... I couldnt name a worse place ive stayed in my life.....Wait a minute, was so bad we didnt stay!!!!

• Stayed: August 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank scottysbroncs
Reviewed 3 August 2006

My wife and I decided we would go to the moutains for the weekend. After looking on the internet we decided to stay at Shady Oaks. When we arrived our campsite for the tent was a spot of grass right next to the pool pumphouse. It didnt seem much like a campground considering there was a row of Mobile Homes (within the campground) directly across the road from us. I got the impression they rent them to year round tenants. We knew we would have trouble finding another place that evening so we decided to give it a try. The mobile home tenants directly across from us had loud mufflers on their vehicles and were in and out several times thru the night. The next morning we got our things and couldn't get out of there fast enough. A bit more info, The previous evening we though about getting one of the camping cabins but were lucky enough to ask to see them first. Took a while to get the key to open the sliding door and when we did get it open we were greeted by a musty odor and a general appearance of uncleanliness. Took the key back quickly. Also the bathhouse near us was awful. I dont think it had been remodeled since Abe Lincoln was a child. It needed maintenance on just about everything inside it. I've been in dirty Gas Station bathrooms that looked like the Hilton compared to this place. At one time I would say it was probably a nice place. But over time much of it has not been kept up. There did appear to be some nicer looking large cabins though. Maybe they are trying to improve their image. But still, my advice would be Go Elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2005
    • Check-in / front desk
13  Thank DarnMe2000
Reviewed 15 September 2005

My husband and I booked a cottage for the weekend as to avoid the high $$$$ prices for a cabin. Besides when you're there, and if you go to shop and sightsee, how much time do you really spend in your cabin/cottage? This was a learning experience for us, and boy did we ever learn!! There were bugs/roaches everywhere. The blinds on the windows and door were covered in dust and dirt. The refrigerator was not on and was full of water where a bag of ice had been left, bag and all. Under the sink in the kitchen area there was a pitcher under the pipes and a rotten potato also under the sink. I would not have wanted to use the bathroom for any reason it was so dirty. The couch and chair were dirty and well worn and our bed linens didn't appear to be very clean. Our cottage was so dirty we didn't stay. We arrived late but after a short time we decided to find another place to stay. So at midnight on Friday night, we began our search for another place to stay. Luckily after several stops we found a place that was clean and didn't break our piggy bank! I didn't expect a four star hotel...not even a three, but I did expect cleanliness for the amount we paid for the cottage. I don't know if there are any health standards in place for these types of accomodations but we weren't willing to risk our health. I would never consider staying at this place again. Sorry.

• Stayed: August 2005
16  Thank sparkle1058
A TripAdvisor Member
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed 27 June 2005

To save money, my boyfriend and I were going to stay in a camping cabin at Shady Oaks. We got to the cabin and noticed the beds weren't the cleanest things we'd ever seen. This was expected but I guess i've seen too many TV reports on unclean beds. As I was looking at my boyfriend while he was sitting on one of the beds, I realized I could see light through the wall. Outdoor light since there was a split in the wall. The bathhouse was across the street and the women's area was clean enough. I would have showered there with shoes on at least. (I wouldn't howver, sit on the toilet seat.) My boyfriend didn't have the same opinion of the men's area. He decided it would be cleaner for him to not shower during our stay. After putting our things in the cabin, we went and did our sightseeing in Pigeon Forge. We decided not to stay at this campground and went back to get our things. Our key wouldn't work in the door. Our neighbors said their key worked for 3 different cabins ( I didn't ask how they knew this) and they tried the key in our cabin. Luckily, or not depending on your point of view, their key didn't work either. I went back to the office to tell them the key wouldn't work and the owner/manager pointed out (quite a few times) that our key worked the first time. I knew this obviously but it didn't change the fact that our key wasn't working now. She and another worker got a couple of sets of keys and went to our cabin. After trying the key she gave us and realizing that it definitely wasn't going to work again, she tried the master key. It didn't work either. In fact, none of the keys she tried worked. Finally she said she'd try one last key but she knew it wouldn't work since it wasn't even a key for a camping cabin. It worked and we were able to enter the room.

I knew we were getting a cabin that wasn't going to be a 4 star place to stay. But I did think I'd get a place where my key would work and where I wouldn't get attitude when there was a problem. It may have been different if we'd stayed in a cottage or if we'd had our own camper and used this campground as a place in which to park. I wouldn't recommend it if you want the low rate camping cabin though. It makes me very uneasy to know that one key can open more than one cabin. And another camper might have that key.

• Stayed: June 2005
14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Morgantown, KY
Reviewed 24 August 2004

Shady Oaks Campground is a fantastic place to take the family to stay!!! They have campsites, small and large cabins, two bathhouses, a pool, and a playground for the kids. They are very reasonably priced and the homey atmosphere there will make you want to go back again and again. I love it. The owners act like you are part of their family. It's quiet and just minutes from the entrance to the park!!! The whole campground is nestled in the side of a small mountain with tall Oak trees everywhere. It is beautiful! I would recommend Shady Oaks to everyone!!!!!

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member