“Can't go below one star!”
Review of Riverchase Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Riverchase Motel
Ranked #79 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 4 June 2017

We checked into this room and within hours our son became sick with severe allergy problems. The staff did not care. We left the hotel after one night, paying for two with NO MONEY BACK. The staff did not even offer to send us to another room. We ask housekeeping to come in and clean. They made one of the two beds, left trash in the cans and chips on the floor... No wonder it makes people sick. The carpet was so nasty that your socks would stick to it as you walked on it. The outside pool was a nice area but filled with dead bugs... The inside slide did not have enough water going down it to push you down... what a rip off... The pool guy, like all of the other staff, was too busy chatting to clean the pool... We frequent this area but will not ever return to this dump.

Room Tip: Just say NO!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Angela T

Reviewed 30 May 2017

We checked in around 1:00 p.m. and noticed that the AC wasn't working. My husband told the front desk staff who paged a lady to our room. She unplugged it for a few minutes, plugged it back in, and slowly turned the fan dial until the compressor kicked on. There was very little air blowing. She told us it may be frozen and to unplug it for 5 minutes and slowly turn the dial like she had done if we have any problems with it. We were in and out of the room a few times that afternoon. The room remained comfortable but we never heard the AC kick on or off. We came back to a stuffy room around 9:00 that evening. My husband tried the "unplug/turn dial slowly" trick. No compressor, no air...NOTHING. My husband went to the front desk to see if someone could repair it or if we could get another room. This was a holiday weekend so of course they were booked. He returned to our room with a box fan. That was their solution to the AC problem. We ended up putting a garbage can full of ice in front of the fan to cool our room enough to be able to sleep.

The shower was a joke. I've never complained about a hotel shower before, but I've also never had the water go from warm to ice cold to scalding hot then back to warm while I was showering! It also happened to my husband. He had to stay in the bathroom with our son to make sure he wasn't scalded by the water.

The carpet is nasty. We wore our swim shoes and flip flops unless we were in bed.

We would have left that night but we'd already purchased attraction tickets for the next day. We didn't want to disappoint our son. It was a holiday weekend so the chance of us getting a room elsewhere was slim to none.

The only positives were the location and the pool areas. We were able to get in and out of the hotel with ease. A lot of restaurants and attractions are within walking distance. The indoor and outdoor pool areas are clean and have plenty of seating. Both pools have a slide that our son loved - that is the main reason we booked this

This room was NOT worth the $129.09 I paid for one night.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank jacqualine d
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Well let's start with booking the room. 2 days prior to the date we wanted to stay my husband called to inquire about availability and rates. He was informed that they had plenty of rooms and the rate was 74.95/night. Three hours later he called back to book the room and the price for the same night/same type of room jumped to 115.00/night. Our friend whom already booked her room online booked our room for 95.00/night the same night. I called the next morning to inquire again on the price and it changed to 85.00/night. I the questioned staff if rates change all during the day and I was told no. When we checked in and inquired about it the only thing they had to say was we have had three or four more people complain about this. Yet did not offer any of the lower rates. The motel stairways are dirty and dated. The beds where clean, the bathroom could have been cleaner. The shower water went from Luke warm to hot to scalding hot to ice cold all during me and my 7 year olds shower. This was not a great experience for her. The location is awesome, but busy. The pools are ok, of course they have slides which the kids loved. The water in the outdoor pool was a little green and had much debris. Indoor pool was cleaner but while sitting against the wall in a chair black stuff was falling from the wall. Not sure what it was, but was all over the wall. Pool staff was not friendly and acted like he was miserable being there. Front desk staff was not very friendly, what little I interacted with them. I would not recommend staying here. Sorry but bad experience.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Cynthia G, Owner at Riverchase Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

We are sorry about your recent stay with us. With your comments, we hope to correct the problems. It is our goal to make our guests comfortable her with us.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

We checked in on Friday check in was smooth the slides and the outdoor are very impressing but the rooms are your standard basics, our fridge didn't work but the freezer did i spoiled some foods and milk overnight by not knowing that. Saturday morning i tried to take a shower got burnt by scalding hot water trying to adjust the tub and shower head that was apparently broke so i had water filling up in the tub because the drain was broke to so then waters coming out on the floor it was a mess, My son had a migraine threw up twice so i wasn't in the mood to deal with maitnence personnel at that point when we complained. Well immediately here comes a maitnence lady who first tried to show me how to work it as if it was user error but then agreed to move us to the room next door over a hour later so then i had to pack EVERYTHING up again move my sick son. I felt we should have been upgraded to a suite or offered some discount tickets or something off my bill if i had called osha about the scalding hot water they would have some problems im just glad it burnt me and not my kids! So my advice stay somewhere else unless your just all about the pools and slides and don't care about showers or having a nice room. The maitnence lady was nice eventually when she realized she wasn't dealing with a airhead but i wasn't satisfied enough to ever be a return guest that's for sure

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2017

We spent one night at Riverchase motel in April 2017 while visiting Dollywood. This motel was very close to the theme park. The front desk was helpful and friendly. The kids enjoyed the slides at the pools. Rooms were small but clean. Beds were okay. Overall, it was an average motel.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments. It is our goal to make your stay comfortable.