RiverGate Mountain Lodge
Best Western Plaza Inn(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
USD 171
USD 151
Clarion Inn Dollywood Area(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
USD 145
Comfort Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
USD 135
USD 128
ComfortInn
USD 105
USD 100
USD 187
USD 167
Hampton.com
Quality Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
USD 134
MainStay Suites(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
USD 182
The Inn On The River(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
USD 180
USD 174
Timbers Lodge(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
USD 143
USD 138
USD 292
USD 271
Travelocity
All reviewskart tracksthe riverrooms are sound proofenjoyed our night stayrelaxing getawaycleanest hotelshot tubbedssoundproofedbalconiescleanlinesscarts
Reviewed 7 May 2015 via mobile

Room was cozy. But no coffee maker. Clean room. Nobody was hardly there though. The view from my room was great. Would not go back though. Would have loved to have a breakfast!! And kinda noisy at night.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tylerandanna12
Pat & Fred M, Owner at RiverGate Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2015

Tyler I am so sorry you did not find the coffee and the coffee pot. It was under your sink in your room. We keep them there so they stay cleaner. I just wish you had called the office so I could have told you. We enjoyed your stay and I do hope you will return as we are the few local people still in business here in Pigeon Forge. I do have my precious motel for sale and I cannot work it as I once did since My husband is 92 years old and I am almost 80 but we still get 100 on our state grade for cleanliness and we are so proud to be able to give a nice room to our guest. I know you must admit you have never saw furniture like that was in your Jacuzzi room as it was special made in New York and our Jacuzzis are the big two person as most motels only offer the small tubs. I hate you had any noise maybe on your balcony some because we do get excellent reviews because the motel is concrete. You were great guest as we hardly knew you were here. Thanks again Pat Maples

Reviewed 30 October 2014

My Wife & I have stayed here many more times than I can remember. Now we are retired & when we check in, we never know how long we may stay! Ten nights of relaxing, restful sleep on these lovely mattresses, we are just not ready to leave yet. Some complaints by some say the noise from across the street disturbs them at night. I must say we do not hear the noise in the room at all!! On the balcony you can hear them but it has never bothered us. We have spent many hours on the balcony overlooking the river, reading, reminiscing our past visits watching Mr. Maples feeding the many ducks & geese that would fly in or float up for their morning meal of corn. Mr. Maples is still here but unfortunately, he is no longer able to feed his flock.

The rooms are always immaculate. We have never once in our many stays here over the years found anything to complain about. The towels & wash cloths are always plentiful and very high quality!

We have met lots of folks here that are regular customers here just like us. I have never talked to anyone that has ever had a bad experience here. We are in business too & know it is impossible to please everyone.

The RiverGate Mountain Lodge Is an American owned hotel, owned & operated by Mr. & Mrs. Fred & Pat Maples.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rebels77

You two are so sweet and kind we always enjoy having you stay with us as you have many times before. We do wish you can come back anytime. Thank you for being so honest and thoughtful in your reviews as we do try our hardest to make our motel clean and comfy for all our guest. As you have known through the years Mr Maples was my greatest employee but now he is sick with the awful dementia and cannot help me. We love being in the motel business as we have for 45 years here in Pigeon Forge but now I may have to sale it to take care of him. Thank you for your great review and we look forward for your next visit. Pat Maples

Reviewed 20 October 2014

I've stayed in many hotels, and would consider myself a bit of a 'seasoned traveler', and the RiverGate exceeded my expectations every step of the way. When we arrived, I was greeted by a sweet lady with a smile on her face and suggestions to local restaurants. I didn't know how to navigate to the restaurant we were eating at, so she gave me perfect directions and off we went. When we arrived to the room, it was very clean and the shower curtain looked recently replaced (bonus points). I reserved a non-smoking room, however my mother whom I was traveling with, is a smoker. Much to her surprise, she found an ash tray awaiting her on the balcony (bonus points from mama bear). The go-kart tracks which are located to the front and right side of the building were rather loud from the back/front porch areas, but when you closed the doors- it was dead silent (with the exception of a SMALL amount of noise in the bathroom area, but with a vent, it's hard to fully sound proof) I had no trouble sleeping at all, so disregard the noise complaints from other travelers, there is NO sound with the door closed. We were able to walk to local area attractions, and didn't have to drive unless we wanted to. All-in-All the ONLY complaint I had, which really isn't a complaint, is that the TV is a little outdated - it was a small tube set, which worked fabulously, but was a little harder to see than what i'm used to - and the price point was slightly out of range for me to revisit. Great staff, Great Location - I hope one day to return with my lady and show her the river view from the back. A+

Room Tip: Room 104 - Double Queen - Really Quiet
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Pat & Fred M, Owner at RiverGate Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2014

Your review makes us so happy. We are the hidden jewel as one customer reported. Once you find us you will look again as we are one of the last REAL AMERICAN hotels left in our city. We do try our best to make our customers happy and we do want you to visit us again. Your visit makes us happy that we can be a part of your vacation.
Thanks again for your review.
Pat and Freddie

Reviewed 21 September 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed staying at Rivergate! We are repeat customers.. And will be back again. The rooms have recently been remodeled and have a wonderful pillowtop mattress. Having a front and rear balcony (that over looks the river) is a nice extra! The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Looking fwd to our return visits!

Stayed: September 2014
3  Thank Kendisue

Thank you (Happy Camper) it is so good to have you back and we thank you for your nice review. It is so good to hear we still make you happy after so many years you have stayed with us. Please come back any time we love to have you.....Pat and Freddie

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Room was nice and clean, quiet even tho they are go cart race tracks near by. The hot tub in the room was just what my wife and I needed. We just wanted some r&r and we got it. Thanks Mrs Maples for your kindness.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BamaBatman
Pat & Fred M, Owner at RiverGate Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thanks for your wonderful response. We do strive hard to make your vacation a great one. We are now in late years as we have been in business for over 40 years throughout Pigeon Forge and we know first hand it is very hard to please everyone but people like you folks makes us realize it is worth it all. Honest people is wonderful people and we wish there was more like you. Please do come back and visit us again.