“Overall it was a good stay in the cabin”

Review of Mystic

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 8 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Road72299...
“Awesome view but lacks maintenance!”
Reviewed 26 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This cabin could be a gem but lacks maintenance! As advertised it is very private and has the most beautiful view. Although clean, the inside of the cabin had lots of spider webs and in a 4 day visit we found 6 ticks inside the cabin. One was in the bed. The ticks made for an uncomfortable visit. For a pet friendly cabin, I would have expected the grounds to be better mowed. The grass(weeds) was at least 1 foot tall. Not good for a small dog. There was a pile of fire wood on the front porch which looks like it hasn't been used since winter. It was full of bugs and right at the entrance door. The porch would be amazing to sit on but was so sun beaten and dried out. Just didn't have a comfortable feel. The jaccusi was very old and disgusting. When I opened it , there were brown stains on the walls and foam in the water. Time to replace!!!! We have stayed in many secluded cabins that were well maintained. Come on owner, it's time!!! Seems like the owner responses to all other reviews has been that they wish they could have addressed the issues. Lack of maintenance should be evaluated by the owner or managing company and not the responsibility of the renter while on vacation. Would not recommend at this time!!!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
28 Aug 2017
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at our Mystic Cabin. Its good to hear that you enjoyed the privacy and felt it had a most beautiful view. I apologize if you experienced any inconvenience during your stay. We will have housekeeping check for cobwebs and remove any that are found. We had our pest control company go to Mystic and check for fleas or ticks and none were found, however any time a gust like yourself brings a pet we have them do a complete flea and tick treatment to make sure nothing was been brought into the cabin. The grass around the cabin is cut regularly to make sure its at proper height. I went out and checked the Hot Tub and its in good shape and working order, however the cover and the rockers on the deck were in fact sun beaten so we replaced them.
Again thanks for giving us feedback so we can work to make everyone stay with us here in the Great Smoky Mountains a good one!
ATLtravel...
Atlanta, GA
“Simple & Rustic....Average at Best”
Reviewed 28 January 2015 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Before this, I have never stayed in a cabin so maybe my expectations were too high? I don't know, but what I do know is this, this wasn't spectacular. First, when a property makes a bold statement as to "no exceptions" at check-in or Check-out I expect that when I arrive at the designated check-in time of 3PM I should have my door code, but this was not the case. I called the office at 3pm, no answer so I left a voicemail; 5 minutes later I paged them, still no response. Finally got someone on the phone at 3:30pm, no apology, no enjoy your stay, or any follow up during the stay. This pretty much set the tone for our vacation.

The cabin had the appearance of being clean and I guess "clean" is subjective. While there were no visible signs of dust or dirt on the floors, bathroom spotless and linen clean and free from stains simple things like an obviously dirty and stained front entrance door, heavily stain living room rug and dirty windows throughout was a huge turn off. A sponge and soap is all it takes to clean a vinyl door and should be part of standard housekeeping. The bedroom pillows were old and flat, but the bathroom towels were in really great condition (pleasantly surprised). The comforter/bedspread was brown and dingy looking (but then what I might consider dingy could be "homey" to someone else). This cabin accepts dogs (I had a dog so I'm not complaining), but when a pet cleaning fee is charged to the rental I expect that furniture and bedding should be free of dog hair (or a better use of a lint brush by housekeeping) which it was not. We ended up bringing our own lint brush...thank god.
The Pros on this cabin? location was awesome! high in the mountains but close to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
People with pets
27 May 2015
We would like to start out by saying that we wish that we could have addressed the issues you experienced during your stay as we want our guest to be comfortable and completely satisfied while visiting with us. We ask all of our guest to contact us immediately if they find something wrong, however we didn't hear from you at that time.
I apologize that no one got back to you sooner with your door code and understand that when you arrive it is important to be able to get into your cabin.
I met with housekeeping to make sure that cleaning issues have been taken care of. Its good to hear that you liked the location.
We hope that you will choose to stay with us again with the assurance that you our guest are our number one priority and we will do our best to ensure you have a happy and comfortable vacation.
Caydensmo...
“Overall it was a good stay in the cabin”
Reviewed 13 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We enjoyed our stay during our anniversary trip. Only downfall, they give one roll of toilet paper, microwave was disgusting inside. Silverware didn't look very clean. Also, the cabin was full of lady bugs and some other kind of bug. I understand we are in the mountains but we literally had to kill bugs the entire time we were there. Other than that, it was a nice stay.

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
19 Jan 2015
Thanks for taking time to review your stay at our Mystic chalet. I am sorry to hear that you experienced disappointment. I will talk with housekeeping immediately to make sure the microwave and silverware have been properly cleaned. Unfortunately from time to time we get visits from ladybugs, when we experience drastic outdoor temperature changes, although they are harmless I do understand they can be a nuisance. If you had contacted us during your stay we could have sent someone over to sweep them up for you. In the information packet sent to you we let you know that only a starter supply of toilet paper, paper towels and dish soap are provided and that you should purchase extra supplies when picking up groceries for your trip. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and once again, I am sorry to hear you experienced any disappointment and hope that you will consider Smoky Mountain Chalet Rentals for your next vacation.
Noblesville
Reviewed 3 November 2012 for a stay in October 2012
people found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
ar
Reviewed 27 September 2012 for a stay in October 2010
people found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing