“Quiet Solitude”

Review of MOUNTAIN MEMORIES

Exterior View with Parking Area at Mountain Memories
Deck with Rocking Chairs and Smoky Mountain View at Mountain Memories Living Room with Fireplace at Mountain Memories
Check Availability
Kitchen and Dining Area at Mountain Memories
King Bed and Fireplace at Mountain Memories
Deck with Grill at Mountain Memories
Covered Hot Tub at Mountain Memories
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Penny D
Denver, Colorado
“Quiet Solitude”
Reviewed 20 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

My husband and I stayed at the Mountain Memories cabin. It is about 20 minutes outside Pigeon Forge in the Smoky Mountains. It was everything it advertised it to be (except the expected view was hidden by trees). The cabin was very cozy and we spent a lot of time on the wrap around deck reading, relaxing and swinging on the porch swing. The hot tub was great, we used it every night after a day of exploring the area. It was 80 degrees which I found to be just right! I was a little surprised there was a cabin right next to us, but the guests were quiet so it wasn't a problem. If we come back, I would definitely go the cabin route! They are very popular here.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quiet
Liked least: The fan was quiet on one setting only; and the swing needed oil :-)
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Kings Mountain NC
Reviewed 19 March 2014 for a stay in January 2014

A romantic getaway Older travelers
TN
Reviewed 18 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

A romantic getaway
Best_For...
Kernersville, NC
“Charming but not as it's made out to be on their listing”
Reviewed 28 August 2012 for a stay in April 2012

My husband and I stayed in this cabin for our anniversary April 2012.
We liked the check-in process. You simply call a phone # after a certian time, provide your reservation number and a lock-box code is given so you can access your key. So there is no need in having to waste time going to an office to check-in which was really good.
When we entered the cabin (which by-the-way, we got in 1.5 hours early!), the cabin had soft lights on and music playing. It really set the mood for our romantic annviversary get-away!
The cabin itself was charming. It was clean. I planned on cooking so I took my own favorite cooking pan from home and was glad I did. However, everything else you need to prepare and eat meals is provided, plus some extras.
The bed wasnt the most comfortable and the bedspread was totally nasty as were the pillows but we had taken our own, again glad we did.
We were able to use the fireplace and it was very nice.
The grill was an awesome commercial grade charcoal grill. My husband was impressed!
We did see a few dead bugs but nothing not to be expected in the mountains!
The hot tub is right next to the grill and whoever cleaned up the grill, didnt clean the mess off the deck and we had to sweep excessive soot before entering the cabin or using the hot tub. Sweeping is not the way you want to start your vacation.
The view shown on the website is very deceiving. They took the photo at an angle that makes the view appear much better than it actually is... if the trees were trimmed back, the view would be absolutely breathtaking. But they're overgrown and block the view.
The hot tub was the perfect size, the temp was just right and it was clean. you can even see the fireplace from the hot tub. We really enjoyed it.
Our only major complaint is the distance the cabin is from the attraction areas. It is much further away than they describe. From the downtown attraction areas, it takes at least 20 - 25 minutes to get to the cabin. It is NOT in Pigeon Forge, it's actually Sieverville. But... we booked a cabin instead of a hotel for the privacy and that we had but it was just more of a drive than we expected. Also, the gravel road getting up the mountain to the cabin is very narrow and tricky. Our mini-van made it but it was spring. There was no way we could have made it in our mini-van had the weather been bad. Plus... you better make sure you have plenty of gas. We headed back to you cabin rather late one night and had not gotten gas, then we couldnt find a station open! We were sweating bullets hoping we didnt run out of gas on that narrow dark gravel road at night. We were lucky!
Also, be sure to keep and use the directions provided to you. If you dont use them... you WILL get lost. The directions are very good and very needed!
All-in-all, we enjoyed the cabin. If were a little closer to the attraction areas and had less of an obstructed view, we would return to that cabin.
We had no problems with American Patriot other that being slightly deceiving with their photography.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hot Tub and Fireplace
Liked least: Obstruction of the view
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
OHIO
Reviewed 26 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing