“Annniversary Trip”

Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Sky High
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 20 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Stay59802...
“Only two guests will be comfortable in this cabin”
Reviewed 23 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

I get it, a pull out sofa should not have high expectations, but the one at Sky High was beyond uncomfortable. My nine year old couldn't even get comfortable on this sofa bed. The cabin itself is comfortable, cute and cozy but the sofa is old, and uncomfortable. If your family plans to relax in the living room, forget it. I wish I had four wheel drive as the mountain is steep. You need to be really careful as me and the kids took a wrong turn and had to turn around on the mountain which was the most scariest experience of our life. Some how, some way, my little Nissan Altima took us up and down the mountain and I am grateful for that. This cabin is not kid friendly and only sleeps two comfortable. I recommend this cabin for a couple, not family.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
aggielamp...
Evansville, Indiana
“Very disappointed.”
Reviewed 20 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

The ad for this cabin did not have pictures of the outside. But the description said that the exterior had deck rockers. This is one of the main reasons we love renting cabins: being able to sit outside and see the view which the ad had described as incredible. We were so disappointed when we got there and there was no deck and obviously no deck rockers. Yes the view was incredible if we wanted to stand and look out a window. I called to see if we could get another cabin or a refund but was told no other cabins were available and that there wasn't anyone there who could approve a refund, I was advised to call back the next day. But what good would that do? We were stuck there due to what seemed to me to be false advertising. The directions to the cabin were wrong which was a headache and we had to turn around on mountain roads which was stressful. Finally after two calls we got someone who was able to give us the correct directions. The cabin itself has a book with tips, local restaurants, etc, We drove to one restaurant which was out in the middle of no where just to find out it had been permanently closed. I liked the look of the interior of the cabin fine but there was only one closet to hang clothes and it was stuffed with boxes and other storage. The hot tub was enclosed which was odd. We had read thru the online reviews for the cabin and they were generally favorable (although at least two people had commented about the problem with the directions so I am mystified as to why they could not have corrected them). Given our experience, the generally favorable online reviews were surprising because we would never recommend this cabin to anyone. If we just wanted a room with a TV and basic necessities we would have stayed in town at a hotel. This was the third cabin we had rented from American Patriot Getaways and we were very happy with the other two so we were surprised with our experience this time.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Nice fireplace.
Liked least: No deck. No place to sit outside. Hot tub indoors.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
13 Jul 2016
I am sorry that you were unhappy with Sky High. We are careful to be sure that the pictures on our website correctly represent the property. The properties that we manage are all privately owned and owners occasionally change furniture in the cabin or remove damaged items. The pictures on the website do show rockers and you are correct that they had been removed. I have contacted the owners and they are being replaced. The pictures do not show a deck but an enclosed area where the hot tub is that is referred to as an enclosed deck, which it is. I'm sorry that we were unable to accommodate your request to change cabins, but we were totally booked during your stay. You mentioned that you had stayed with us before twice and had a great experience. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs and regain your goodwill.

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Louisiana
Reviewed 18 March 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Rugged travelers
Management Response
18 Mar 2014
I am sorry that you had trouble with the heating in the cabin. This has been a very harsh winter and it has really pushed many of the heating systems to the max.

If you had called our office, we would have gladly moved you to another property. We never want any of our guests to be uncomfortably cold in a cabin.

Again, I apologize and hope that you'll give us another opportunity to meet your lodging needs.
Ohio
Reviewed 13 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

Rugged travelers
West Virginia
Reviewed 12 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing