“Top notch for a bottomline chain”

Econo Lodge Riverside
Ranked #18 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Boiling Springs, SC
“Top notch for a bottomline chain”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I had read rave reviews for this hotel. They were right, its too nice to be a econolodge! Its a brand new hotel, with a beautiful indoor pool and hottub! The hotel room was on the small side but like new! The bed was very comfy and had a flat screen tv. I couldnt find anything wrong with the place really. I did notice how housekeeping came by many times sounding like thunder on the concrete walkways starting at 7am or so. But its a small inconvience for the price! We arrived early and our room was ready and the front desk people were beyond nice! I plan on staying here again! The breakfast was good and the place is clean!

Room Tip: I used Expedia to reserve this hotel well in advance at great price. I wouldnt recommend city view r...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kissme2x

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
Dayton, OH
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We try to stop as often as we can in the Smokies for a night. On our trip back from Charleston, SC to Dayton, OH, we knew we wanted to find a place to stay that had an indoor pool.

We hit the jackpot with the Econo Lodge Riverside. First, we found an online coupon that gave us 10% off of our stay. Second, our room was super nice!

We booked our room when we were literally 2 miles down the road. The desk staff was friendly and helpful. Our room (153) had no view and was across from the breakfast area but that didn't matter to us. It was also handicapped accessible.

As soon as we checked in, we changed into our suits and brought our 14mth old to the pool (where we discovered that we could have eaten first since the pool was open until 11pm). Our son had a great time in the kiddie pool (1ft deep) and as it started to clear, we brought him to the big pool. The big pool was considerably warmer than the kiddie pool. The hot tub was the perfect temperature.

The bed was comfortable and the room had: flat screen TV (the light above the TV interferred with some of the channels); two closets, ironing board/iron, fridge, microwave, table/chairs, and two side tables. The free wireless worked great and my husband was able to get some much needed work complete.

The shower was a good temperature and the showerhead was a waterpik (our preferred brand) that had a number of different settings for the perfect spray.

We skipped breakfast the next day - my husband said the line was out the door and up the steps to the lobby - but the offerings looked plentiful. They did have a tip jar out which kind of makes me a bit uncomfortable. "Here is free breakfast, now give me some money!"

Check out was a breeze.

Outside, the hotel is next to a river and there are plenty of picnic tables, grills, and duck food feeders. We also saw a heron on the river which was nice.

The room would not have fit our pack-n-play or our peapod baby tent so our son slept on our bed with us. I believe that they advertised baby cribs but I am not sure where one would have fit.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ProfHannah
Black Mountain, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 April 2012

i love this place ..we went in 2011 first we went without the kids and then we went back with the kids ..love the breakfast they have and i love the location and the ducks .

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tmtawise
Mullens, West Virginia
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I used my choice rewards points and booked a river view king room. Check in was fast and easy. They explained where everything was at the hotel and gave me a map. Our room was very clean. Didn't see any stains on the carpet and there wasn't any odors during our stay either. The room is kinda on the small size but it never become a problem for my wife and I. Towels were clean along with our bed sheets. House keeping took care of us with penty of towels and ect. Mic. and Frig worked just fine. The hotel pool is the only thing I had a problem with this hotel. It is way too small for this size hotel. It was VERY crowded during our stay. Hotel really needs an outdoor pool added to take some of the crowd to another pool. I didn't have breakfast during my stay so I can't comment on it.

All in all this is a basic, affordable, and clean hotel. Its a great place to stay if your looking for a place to shower and rest after a long day at dollywood or shopping. I would stay here again no questions asked.

Room Tip: Choose a river view if you want a quieter room away from the highway.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Doraville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Great stay over Thanksgiving Holiday. Rooms were great and service was great. Needs more meat or protein with breakfast, but still a great stay. Very clean and rooms were up to date. Great indoor pool. Beautiful riverside area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family