We stayed at the Ramada Pigeon Forge in February 2012. Our stay started out with the hotel staff trying to charge us $100 over what was originally quoted us. The staff member was friendly and did get the price straightened out very quickly when I brought it to his attention. We stayed in the two room family suite with 4 queen beds. I would categorize the room as extremely dated with doors, trim, walls, carpet, and chairs being severely worn, beat up, and scratched. Curtains, chairs, and carpet had many nasty looking stains. I would rate the cleanliness of the room as just average to below average. I would suggest at least an occasional use of a crevice tool in their vacuum to clean up the nasty looking edges and corners of the carpet. We tried using the gas fireplace but it immediately smelled like a mix between foul body odor and burning plastic. TVs all worked ok but are the old tube style. Internet service was good until the hotel filled up then it only worked sporadically. Beds and linens were ok except for the comforter which had a nasty looking stain. Showers were clean with good water pressure and plenty of hot water. When we had a toilet clog the hotel staff was very friendly and responded right away with a plunger. Breakfast was ok and just a no frills continental. Based on our experience I have to question the many very good to excellent reviews for this hotel. In the future I will pay more attention to the lower rated reviews when considering a hotel using trip advisor. I guess the bottom line is that I would not stay here again nor would any of the other 3 adults that shared the room. If you can't find anything else it might do in a pinch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada offers accommodations from 2 to 10 people in our 2 bedroom, 2 bath Family Suites. We also offer a deluxe continental breakfast with biscuits/gravy and Belgian waffles, free Wi-Fi, free parking and friendly service. Our property is located in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains within a ½ mile from the park entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Pigeon Forge South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Pigeon Forge - Parkway Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Pigeon Forge Ramada Inn
- Ramada Inn Pigeon Forge Tn