“Beautiful view from comfy cabin that feels remote...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
BUNK ROOM (DOWNSTAIRS)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Brandy S
Louisville, United States
“Beautiful view from comfy cabin that feels remote but only a short drive from attractions”
Reviewed 30 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Our family stayed in this cabin for 4 nights during Oct. Mr. Smith gave us driving directions that were easy to follow and helped us avoid the steepest mountain roads that g-maps suggested. Our first impressions of the cabin were wonderful. The cabin was clean and the view from the back deck was beautiful! Our children, ages 7 and 11, quickly made their way to the bunk beds on the lower level. The beds are in a little alcove off the hallway and can be closed off with a curtain. This semi-private room worked perfectly for them. Across the hall is a bedroom where my in-laws stayed. There is a billiard room, bathroom, laundry room and access to the outdoor hot tub on this level. The upstairs boasts a king bedroom (where my husband and I stayed) with private bathroom. There is a living room and kitchen with dining space, as well as access to the upper deck with outdoor seating, dining space and beautiful views!
A few quick notes and impressions. During our stay the days got as warm as 80 and the nights as cool as the upper 30's. The temperature in the cabin was comfortable throughout our stay. Parents of young toddlers will appreciate that the top of the stairs inside the cabin is gated. The gate swings open and can be propped open if not needed. There is also a gate at top of the exterior stairs. The cabin came equipped with toilet paper, hand soap, paper towels, dish soap, trash bags and dishwasher tabs. Kroger and Publix are only about 10 minutes away. The water comes from a well. If you aren't used to the taste, you may prefer to purchase bottled water for drinking. There is a Verizon Jetpack for Wifi. I had a little trouble at first, but Mr. Smith mentioned it works better outside, so I moved the Jetpack closer to the window and it worked flawlessly. Bath towels are provided, however, if you intend to use the hot tub, I'd recommend bringing towels for drying off, if you don't want to use the same towel you're using for your shower. The only thing we didn't love about the cabin was the showers. They are very small. Larger individuals may prefer using the huge jetted tub in the master bath. We also noticed that a couple of the kitchen chairs were cracked. They were still functional, but we were a little more cautious with these chairs. The table has 4 wooden chairs and there are also 2 folding chairs in the closet. There is a nice carport for parking, which is a short walk from the cabin. We loved this cabin and would stay again!

Liked best: Views and space
Liked least: Small showers
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
31 Oct 2016
So sorry, I didn't know about the kitchen chairs, I'll check on them and replace ASAP if needed. Glad you enjoyed your stay!
Reviewed 13 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Liked best: The bear
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway
14 Sep 2016
Thank you! We are glad you enjoyed your stay!
amycellis
Clinton, Mississippi
“Exquisite retreat near all of the fun!”
Reviewed 7 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We have stayed in many condos and cabins in different areas over the years. This cabin is by far at the top of the list. I asked Kyle several questions before I booked. "Did it have A/C, did it have a grill, etc.?" He kindly answered all of my questions. I asked because I have learned that you can't assume anything is "normally included". I packed my box of things for the trip. This always includes kitchen utensils, paper products, plastic cutlery, detergents, etc. I could have left it at home! The cabin was so well stocked with starter supplies of paper goods, cleaning products, kitchen items and small appiances. There was even a crock pot! We cooked almost all of our meals at the cabin and I never lacked for a utensil or pot that I needed. There is a full size refrigerator/freezer with ice maker. The rest of the cabin is as equally thought out. The living area is comfortable with throws for the cooler evenings and mornings, games in the cabinet and a big television. The living area opens onto a huge wrap around deck where we found rocking chairs and a picnic table. The master suite is also on the main level. A huge room with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was amazing with a separate shower, double vanities and a whirlpool tub. Everything was spotless! Lots of towels, too! The downstairs area had a room with a pool table, separate laundry, another bathroom, a bedroom and another sleeping area. I say sleeping area because there is not a wall and a door like a bedroom would have. It is private in a nook area and closed off with a heavy curtain and is perfect for kids/teenagers. A door from the downstairs opens onto a deck with a hot tub. Everything was well stocked, tastefully decorated and very clean. We would most certainly stay in this cabin again! The owners were great to work with and answered all of my questions promptly. Kyle knew we were driving a long way to get to the cabin and would arrive after dark. He let me know that the cabin was ready early if we happened to arrive early. He also checked on us that evening to make sure we had arrived and had been able to get into the cabin and that everything was as we expected. The cabin is on a beautiful mountain where you feel like you are at a mountain retreat. You come down the mountain (maybe a ten minute drive at most) and you are in the heart of Pigeon Forge. A great experience and a great trip!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was super clean and was as advertised so no unfortunate surprises.
Liked least: I can't think of anything to improve my stay.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
8 Jun 2016
Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing