All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesroom was cleanbreakfast buffetan older hotelvery nice hotelplace to stayexercise roomoutdoor poolshower headfront desk staffenjoyed my staydefinitely stay here againgreat roomking bednice stayknoxville
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This was the third hotel that I have used for regular business trips to Oak Ridge and the best so far. I think it will be my choice going forward. I stayed on the 4th floor in a King room, facing the pool.

Room Pros: excellent housekeeping service (thanks to Amanda, who kept my room absolutely spotless and left me cheery notes!), big bathroom with lots of counter space, very hot water in shower, temperature controls let me keep the room really chilly. Plenty of hangers. Hotel is nonsmoking so no horrible smells to contend with. Bed was comfortable and pillows seemed quite nice (though I travel with my own pillow). Room was large with plenty of space to set out your belongings without tripping over the bed or stubbing your toes. Several choices for TV. USB outlets on bedside table. Room phone. Room service if you need it. Standard in-room WiFi included in rate.

Other Pros: Restaurant on premises if you’ve had a long day and don’t want to drive anywhere, although the food seems a bit over-thought, which seems to be a “thing” in Oak Ridge.

Snack/drink machines were very reasonably priced, especially for a hotel.

Cons: no complimentary breakfast, unlike other hotels in the area...this helps when you travel on per diem. Shower head was just about 6’, which will be too low for some. The noise of room doors closing (slamming) in the hall during “sleeping hours” seems to be a problem no matter where you stay, but this seems to be the quietest hotel in this regard. Much of Oak Ridge tends to observe a M-Th 10-hour day work week, so people start leaving their rooms as early as 5.

Suggestions: add a little pull-out cosmetics mirror for shaving or makeup application. The bathroom is not terribly well-lit and leaning over the sink gets messy.

Maybe add a plain sandwich option or two to the restaurant menu. Offer a brown bag breakfast-to-go option for a few dollars, like a yogurt and a piece of fruit.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank TripyTrixie
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel and its amenities. We are very proud of our hotel and we are glad you enjoyed your time with us. I am especially grateful that you took the time to point out one of our team members that exceeded your expectations. In regards to the restaurant, we have many sandwich selections, but we are also happy to make exactly the sandwich that you request at anytime. Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Very clean and quiet property that is centrally located in the town. The staff was polite, professional and courteous and the free coffee was a nice touch when in a hurry first thing in the morning. I will definitely stay again!

2  Thank gcross1468
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you so much for your nice review about our hotel, its amenities and our hospitality team. It is my honor to be the leader of such a fantastic group of individuals. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Clean, great staff, even the room layout was interesting, not the boring rectangular econobox. Have stayed here before and will stay only here in the future. Only nit to pick was out of hotel's control, a bunch of teens on the rowing team stayed (there is a good lake for practice nearby), and noisy until late and I had to get up early. This was a 1-off experience.

2  Thank thomasifft
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Thank you for rating us so highly and for your kind words. I am also thankful for your loyalty to our hotel and your understanding about the other guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are in town for the Atomic City Turn and Burn Regatta, and looked forward to staying at the DoubleTree. The front desk staff is fantastic. We were missing a few items in our room, towels, soap, shampoo, called the front desk and it was taken care of immediately. Great room, will definitely stay here again. Thanks for a great stay!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Symonds12

Thank you for choosing our hotel to be your home away from home! I am glad that our team was able to make your stay enjoyable and I appreciate you taking the time to give us such a nice review. Doubletree loves its rowers!!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Experienced a more than wonderful stay and conference experience. Staff were very friendly and attentive to all details. Food was delicious. Sleeping rooms were clean and very comfortable. Highly recommend this property for lodging and meetings.

2  Thank tfuqua2018

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and its team. I am proud to be the leader of such a great group of hospitality professionals and we appreciate you taking the time to rate us so highly. We appreciate your business!