All reviews front desk the breakfast area choice hotels business center nice lobby yogurt within walking distance hotel staff great room clean hotel restaurants and shopping first floor hot breakfast biscuits and gravy king bed free breakfast staff was very friendly
Reviewed 27 September 2018

I am a Platinum Choice Member. I stay about 60 nights a year in hotels. I was in a wonderful Comfort Suites in Farragut ( which I stay at often) but wanted a place with an outside pool, for the weekend. I chose this location. THE POOL WAS DRAINED AND CLOSED. It was 85 degrees out. Did the web site mention this? NO. The bigger problem was the lack of training at the front desk. I was dismayed at the cheesy answers they would give me. When I inquired, I was told that they have a lot of new staff who would not know. HMMM! Good news: the rooms were clean, the lobby was updated, the housekeepers were sweet, the location is easy to find and it is RIGHT by Wal Mart and several restaurants. If you are casual traveler, this location is suitable. I felt like it gave the Choice Hotels a bad name and this could so easily be rectified with proper training.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Belinda S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

We strive each day to ensure our team is focused on providing a clean, comfortable stay and deliver exceptional hospitality service to our guests. We are really pleased that you experienced this. I would like to personally say thank you for the high marks you gave us on the survey. I will be sure to share this with our team.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

Four of us (two couples) looked forward to a dip in the pool after flying from Boston to Nashville and then driving from Nashville to Oak Ridge all in one day. After checking in, we asked where the pool was located only to be told it had closed right after Labor Day weekend. Really? The outdoor temperature was 98 degrees. On the second day it was 92 degrees.One woman at the reception desk said the pool was "seasonal." I checked the hotel's Web site, and nowhere does it say the pool is seasonal. Another woman at the reception desk told us the town of Oak Ridge had passed an ordinance that all outdoor pools must be closed after the holiday weekend. I looked on the Internet but could find no reference to such an ordinance. When we get home I plan to call City Hall to determine if this is true,. We also returned at 5 p.m. after a day spent in Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and Great Smoky Mountain National Park to find that our room had not been cleaned. Further, the key cards are finicky. They either work or they don't. I will say that the breakfast was decent and offered scrambled eggs, sausage patties, waffles, Danish pastry, muffins, bagels, toast, cereal, coffee and juice. The room we occupied on the first floor was quiet and clean. Rather than stay in Oak Ridge, I would stay in Knoxville or Gatlinburg. The Comfort Inn was not the best choice, especially where the pool is concerned. Other pluses were the proximity to restaurants and stores, the friendly staff and delicious cold water, spiked with lemon slices, in the lobby.

Room Tip: If you're traveling in very warm or hot weather, make sure the pool will be open.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Belinda S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to meet your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us. We strive daily to make sure we are meeting our guests needs.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Good place to stay. Quite (even with two baseball teams present). Staff is very friendly and wanted to meet your needs. It is beginning to see some age . Rooms were well stocked and clean. We will stay again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Belinda S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Reviewed 3 September 2018

We needed a hotel near Knoxville while visiting for WingDing, we were traveling on motorcycles. We decided on this hotel due to the previous reviews. We used the pool, while it is a small pool area it was good for relaxing at the the end of the day. The breakfast was the best one we had on our week-long trip - as it included eggs, meat, potatoes, biscuits and gravy along with the normal cereal and waffles. The breakfast area was kept clean and was a good size. The room we had was a good room, clean and roomy.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Belinda S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Reviewed 25 July 2018

Checked in and was told that elevator not working.I am a Disabled vet and asked for 1st floor that did not happen. No help with Suitcases sent to end of hotel to use stairway and it was blocked with tables and not usable. Second stairway was closed because of work on hotel. ( These were to be used in case of fire) They had someone clear the tables and another customer was nice enough to help me with my bags Got to my room and fire alarm started to blast. Nothing was said when i made my reservation about repairs to hotel. I also think that 2 exits are required at all times.
Never again

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Belinda S, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Iqbal Lalani