Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)
Ranked #97 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Travelling through Nashville decided to stop over and look around the city. Found this Holiday Inn around 4 miles out of town, nice quiet location opposite the Waffle House!
Great welcome by Roger - What a great guy! so happy and helpful, perfect welcome after 21 hours travelling.
Ask him about what to see and do and also tours and Gospel music, better than Google if you ask me!
so $16 by cab from the Airport. Around $14 to get downtown so is well placed.
Internet int he rooms very strong. Plenty of car parking and Breakfast! WOW Pancakes, fresh omelettes, 6 different breads! pancake machine! Fresh fruit and so much more! I spent 90 minutes having a Sunday breakfast looking out to the sunshine... What a great stay! Really Highly recommend :-) Thanks to all at Holiday Inn Nashville for such a great stay!!!

Room Tip: They are all very good, no road noise at all!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Nick P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

THANK YOU!!
I agree he is better than google at giving our guests some great suggestions on what to do in Nashville. I can't wait to share your review with him to let him know that his knowledge and customer support are appreciated!
We look forward to seeing you again!
Thanks,
Allyson Trull

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed a few weeks ago and asked if there was a corporate rate I could get. Said they would get back with as I left a business card. No response.
Stay in Nashville once a week now and will use the airport location or the Hilton on elm hill pike. Stayed at the Hampton when we went down for a weekend getaway.

The place is clean, friendly staff and convenient for me. Breakfast is good.

Hate to lose points but I do expect a reply from management.

Stayed: January 2017
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Hello Msh8989,

Thanks for staying with us during your business trip and writing us a review. I am glad to see that you have regarded our hotel to be clean, location convenient, breakfast good and staff friendly. On the other hand, I am sorry for the unacceptable service if no one from the hotel management has contacted you regarding corporate rates. In line with this, I have sent you a private message to obtain additional information.

Once again, we thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 February 2017

First off, if one expects that this hotel is up-to-date, it's not. This hotel was purchased by Holiday Inn and yes, it needs some TLC. My biggest concern when staying in a hotel is a friendly staff, comfortable beds, and clean rooms. This hotel had ALL that. The weight room, though, needs some fixing of equipment, according to my husband. The front desk staff was very friendly but the one person who stood out the most was Roger. You can tell he loves people and takes his job seriously. Our last night there, the six of us hung out in the lobby having some pizza and beverages. The couch and chairs were very comfortable and we could watch TV as well. Side note: This hotel is very close to the airport, less expensive than staying downtown, not far from downtown, and we recommend taking Ubers.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside would be quieter. Rooms up front face the highway and a busy road.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Nick P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

THANK YOU!
We are so delighted to hear that we were able to check off the three biggest things you look for when traveling with our fantastic front desk staff and a great night of sleep on a comfortable bed! We are so lucky to have Roger on our staff! Thank you for taking the time to mention him by name!
We look forward to being able to see you again!
Thanks,
Allyson

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

I have to say that my room was clean as well as the lobby. However,you can tell that the hotel/room went through some renovations. The room floor had areas that were uneven, weird!!! Paint patches all over, unfinished touches and an elevator that looked like it came out out of a terror movie. My room was very closed to the highway and all I heard were either police or the ambulance sirens. Noises doesn't bother me much but after driving 10+ hrs, I needed a good night sleep. Nope,didn't happen. Breakfast was decent but there was something wrong with the water pipes so, no juice or water during breakfast.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Nick P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Thank you for staying with us during your most recent trip to Nashville! We apologize if our property did not meet the standards that you’ve come to expect from a Holiday Inn Express. Please know that we have reviewed your concerns and have made plans to correct those issues so that no other guest will have the same experience. Please allow us the opportunity, again, to wow you like we’re know we can! We pride ourselves in providing a quality experience at a budget friendly price and hope you will return in the future! Thank you and please return again soon!

Reviewed 12 January 2017

nice hotel if you want to save money from staying right downtown. cab is about 5-10 min and maybe 10-15 dollars. for the price I pad hard to complain. was pretty clean and had a good free breakfast. was less than half the price per night as a downtown hotel.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Nick P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Thank you for staying us during your visit to Music City! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our facility. We are is conveniently located near multiple interstate exits which allow for you to quickly travel all throughout Nashville. We provide a hot, free breakfast for all of our guests free of charge. Please consider us for your next visit to Nashville! Thank you and have a great day!