Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)
Ranked #97 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 14 February 2017

First off, if one expects that this hotel is up-to-date, it's not. This hotel was purchased by Holiday Inn and yes, it needs some TLC. My biggest concern when staying in a hotel is a friendly staff, comfortable beds, and clean rooms. This hotel had ALL that. The weight room, though, needs some fixing of equipment, according to my husband. The front desk staff was very friendly but the one person who stood out the most was Roger. You can tell he loves people and takes his job seriously. Our last night there, the six of us hung out in the lobby having some pizza and beverages. The couch and chairs were very comfortable and we could watch TV as well. Side note: This hotel is very close to the airport, less expensive than staying downtown, not far from downtown, and we recommend taking Ubers.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside would be quieter. Rooms up front face the highway and a busy road.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Nick P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

THANK YOU!
We are so delighted to hear that we were able to check off the three biggest things you look for when traveling with our fantastic front desk staff and a great night of sleep on a comfortable bed! We are so lucky to have Roger on our staff! Thank you for taking the time to mention him by name!
We look forward to being able to see you again!
Thanks,
Allyson

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

I have to say that my room was clean as well as the lobby. However,you can tell that the hotel/room went through some renovations. The room floor had areas that were uneven, weird!!! Paint patches all over, unfinished touches and an elevator that looked like it came out out of a terror movie. My room was very closed to the highway and all I heard were either police or the ambulance sirens. Noises doesn't bother me much but after driving 10+ hrs, I needed a good night sleep. Nope,didn't happen. Breakfast was decent but there was something wrong with the water pipes so, no juice or water during breakfast.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Nick P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Thank you for staying with us during your most recent trip to Nashville! We apologize if our property did not meet the standards that you’ve come to expect from a Holiday Inn Express. Please know that we have reviewed your concerns and have made plans to correct those issues so that no other guest will have the same experience. Please allow us the opportunity, again, to wow you like we’re know we can! We pride ourselves in providing a quality experience at a budget friendly price and hope you will return in the future! Thank you and please return again soon!

Reviewed 12 January 2017

nice hotel if you want to save money from staying right downtown. cab is about 5-10 min and maybe 10-15 dollars. for the price I pad hard to complain. was pretty clean and had a good free breakfast. was less than half the price per night as a downtown hotel.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Nick P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Thank you for staying us during your visit to Music City! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our facility. We are is conveniently located near multiple interstate exits which allow for you to quickly travel all throughout Nashville. We provide a hot, free breakfast for all of our guests free of charge. Please consider us for your next visit to Nashville! Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Great place clean, convenient, courtesy all the above great breakfast. Front desk staff always on duty and very accommodating I've stayed here a few times before and have never had a bad experience at this location. I would recommend this to anyone.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Nick P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

THANK YOU!
We love that you took the time to let us know about your great stay at our wonderful Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Nashville!
We can not ask for a better compliment than to hear a guest would recommend us to someone else traveling! We look forward to seeing you again!
Thanks,
Allyson

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

I was skeptical of the hotel due to a bad review but we checked in. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The hotel was clean and upgraded. The room, we stayed in a suite, was great. Everything was clean and nice. The bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable. Free wifi had a good speed, able to stream movies. Free breakfast was good and there were plenty of options to make most anyone happy. Def recommend this hotel if you're in the area or looking to visit downtown Nashville and save a little money. Uber was a cheap way to get downtown.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple