All reviews gave us bottled water pancake machine waffle house across the street fresh cookies free breakfast king suite outdoor pool the hotel is clean would stay here again short drive biscuits and gravy front desk staff grand ole opry downtown interstate uber platinum
Reviewed 2 April 2016

Stayed here for one night on business. Easy to find and newly remodeled. There are steps to the elevator which can be a challenge if you have luggage. The smoke alarm flashed a bright white light all night. I thought it was malfunctioning but the front desk said that's how they are supposed to work. Big nuisance if you are a light sleeper. Didn't sleep much! Expensive for the quality. $150 plus tax.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
hexsnash2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Thank you for staying with us during your time in Nashville. I am so sorry the light on the smoke detector was of a nuisance to you! We are trying to find a fix for this - unfortunately we cannot turn them off - so we are trying to figure something out! We do hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Nashville area. Also, keep in mind when you come back - there is another entrance from the back parking lot to access the elevators from the main level - so - no steps! I am sorry if you were not made aware of this during your stay!

Reviewed 2 February 2016

Seems as though the remodeling has been finished and it was nicely done. Our room (325) was completely updated with modern Euro-style furnishings. The beds were clean and comfortable, darkening shades on the window, the bathroom was beautifully done, and the complimentary breakfast was the usual HIE offerings. One complaint: the smoke detector on the ceiling flashed a very bright light about every 30 seconds, so it was necessary to prop some of the extra pillows in front of my face to avoid that annoyance. Seems like they could have directed it toward the door rather than toward the beds. Would definitely stay here again on our travels through Nashville.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank anniemiles
hexsnash2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2016

Thank your for your kind words about our recent renovation! We are very excited about it! As you mentioned we are challenged with the light on the new smoke detectors. Unfortunately, we did not have the opportunity to choose the location! We are trying to find a way to keep the flashing light from being a nuisance to our guest! I am so sorry about that!
We certainly look forward to your return stay with us soon!!

Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

This hotel was definitely a great location and cheaper than a lot of downtown hotels. 15 minutes tops from downtown Nashville. Breakfast was better than expected--cinnamon rolls were delicious. Staff was very nice and professional. Room had shades to block out sun which was much appreciated. Easy checkin/checkout. The only complaint I might have is the elevator, which seemed like it might break the first time we got on it, so we used the stairs every time after that. Otherwise, great hotel! Could have been a little cheaper, but I feel like I got most of my money's worth.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cstisher
hexsnash2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2016

Thank you for making us a part of your weekend trip! We too feel we are in a great location - close to downtown and FREE parking! Thank you for your kind words of our staff! We love taking care of our guest!!! We look forward to your return stay with us!!

Reviewed 11 January 2016

My stay was very nice as to the accommodations. However, when I checked out I was not provided with a receipt indicating the charges for the two night stay. Further, when I went to the front desk, I was advised that it was not that did not want to provide the receipt, it was that there was no receipt to be given due to the pre-paying by Travelocity. When I asked about the IHG travel points, I was told that no points would be provided to my IHG Rewards Club account (534088735) due the pre-payment.

I contacted my secretary to see what/how she had made my hotel reservations. She told me that she contacted the front desk at the Holiday Inn Express Nashville-I-40&i-24(Spence Ln), and made the reservations from the credit card that Holiday Inn Express had on file and that she did not know anything about Travelocity. I asked if she could complete the travel voucher from the information that she had, she said that she thought she could.

After stewing over this, when I got back to me residence, I called the Holiday Inn 1 (800) 465-4329 reservation line. The contact person was very polite and helpful and stated that I would have a written receipt within 15 minutes and that the IHG Rewards Club points would be credited to my account by January 10, 2016.

I was checking the earned IHG Reward Club points and I am not sure if I have been getting credit for the times stayed. Could someone check my account status and provide me with the up-dated information.

Kirby G. Smith
my IHG Rewards Club account (534088735)

Thanks you for your time!
Still aggravated,
Kirby Smith

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Kirby S
hexsnash2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2016

Please accept our sincere apology - unfortunately when a reservation is made via 3rd party and charged accordingly we do not have a credit card receipt to give - being that the hotel is not the one that charged the credit card nor has access to the guest card. After researching - there were 2 separate reservations - since the one was pre-paid via 3rd party and the hotel was unable to cancel that reservation - we did cancel the duplicate so you were not double charged. Again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience that this situation may have caused you. We do value our IHG rewards members. This type situation is always a challenge for the hotel - as we want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability - but sometimes that ability is limited.

Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

We got two rooms. There were problems in both. One was handicap room #213. It had a drive in shower. But the spray nozzle was just dangling with nowhere to hang it. My wife is able-bodied and she had problems using it.

The other room was on third floor. Room #300. My son and his family stayed in that room. Upon entering the room they immediately saw a smashed cockroach near the ceiling. No other bugs. Just that one. But considering that a head housekeeper probably did a final check of the room it is disturbing that it was missed. I am adding a picture of the cockroach. There was also major mold on side of air conditioner unit. I am posting photos but not sure they will go through. They searched for bed bugs but thankfully none were found.

This is one of those hotels that I would ask to inspect room before paying for it. We used our Holiday Inn points to pay for the rooms. I wish we could get our points back so we could use them for a better maintained facility.

I feel bad giving a negative review because I always try to find positive things to say. But because we had problems with both rooms I must tell it like it is. I will say front desk personnel were very friendly! For a Holiday Inn Express the breakfast was fair.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank drmaumelle
hexsnash2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2016

I am so sorry you did not have the experience with your stay you have come to expect from IHG & Holiday Inn Express. We put for great effort to ensure our rooms are clean, in working order and ready for your arrival! From you comments here - we failed to meet this goal! I appreciate your feedback as this helps to follow up to correct any procedure we issues we may have. As for your points for your stay ~ I will be reaching out to you to ensure you are taken care of! We want our guest to be satisfied! We do hope if your travels bring you back our way - you will give us another chance!