“All in all, an excellent meal”
Review of Cafe Fontanella

Cafe Fontanella
Ranked #179 of 2,333 Restaurants in Nashville
Price range: USD 9 - USD 18
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had lunch today at this excellent venue prior to our zip line adventure. The food was simply outstanding. The two entrees the chef had prepared, lasagna and chicken alfredo, were delicious. The mixed salad and vegetables, zucchini and asparagus, were excellent as well. The staff couldn't have been nicer. All in all a superb meal.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We visited when we were staying at the Inn at Fontanel and we very glad we did! The service was fantastic and the food was delicious. Make sure you try the fired mozzarella, some of the best I've had!!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We went on a Monday night. My husband had to ask for his drink several times. They ran out of mashed potatoes, the main side for the filet. Keep in mind, there were only 2 other tables. I got the grouper which had no flavor but was better than the runny risotto it was served on top of. Our daughters fettuccine alfredo was so bland it was almost inedible. I absolutely do not recommend this restaurant. I've had better Italian at a chain restaurant at a fraction of the price.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018

the service was not good. They ran out of what my wife order at 4:00 in the afternoon. Ordered an appetizer and was never made. Asked the waiter about the craft draft beers that the had and did not seem to know anything about them. When I ordered a beer he came back and said the they were out of it at 4:00 in the afternoon. Just bad all away around.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

After hiking uphill to the Fontanel mansion and back down, we stopped at the Cafe Fontanella for lunch. It's a low key, comfortable place with very good sandwiches and friendly staff. The Philly Cheese Steak that I had was very tasty. They also have pizza and stromboli.

Date of visit: March 2018