“Good but needs improvement”
Review of Oak Steakhouse

Oak Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Oak Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #302 of 2,200 Restaurants in Nashville
Price range: USD 18 - USD 83
Description: Originated in Charleston and located adjacent to the Westin Hotel, Oak Steakhouse Nashville uses modern methods, featuring a chef-driven menu that changes seasonally, inspired by fresh, local produce, featuring Certified Angus Beef along with a 200-bottle wine list and curated cocktail menu. Complimentary valet parking at the hotel daily.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Three of us were in for our first dinner at Oak. We loved the decor, the huge windows, lighting, etc. Our waitress was sweet and pleasant and assured us that Oak has the best steaks in town. The first course was the charcuterie board and shrimp cocktail, and both were very good. Our steaks were good, not great. The sides of mac and cheese, mushrooms and asparagus were very bland. The chocolate cake is very rich and good. The strawberry short cake has homemade angel food cake and was very good. But it was actually a disappointing visit which is a shame because I loved the atmosphere there. Nashville has some tough competition, so Oak needs to really step up their game.

Oak S, General Manager at Oak Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write your review...Im sorry to read that everything wasn't perfect. I have shared your feedback with our chefs in order to improve. Hopefully we will earn a second visit. Btw we recently changed our desserts since your last visit. I think you may really enjoy them Dom

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

While our food was good- it took and hour and 10 minutes for our dinner to come out. Both our waiter and manager apologized and explained the kitchen was having an off night. We were not offered any sort of discount or corrective action. Our steaks were both cooked well, the Brussel sprouts were amazing and our wine was delicious. The oysters were extremely briny and unappetizing. $200 for dinner for 2.

Oak S, General Manager at Oak Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi,

I'm so sorry to read your poor experience from your visit. There should have been a recovery more then just an apology. I was able to locate your reservation and used your feedback for coaching. Id like to speak to your further if you wouldn't mind. My email is ddelledera@theindigoroad.com Thank you Dom

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

As I travel a lot I don't expect much from hotel lounges and restaurants and this one is the epitome of average. The staff was attentive and our orders came out quickly. I ordered the fried chicken and was told by the waitress it was just added to the menu and everyone had an opportunity to try it and that it was "sooooooooo good." When an absurdly large portion was brought out I figured the quantity was trying to make up for the quality. Indeed, it was. The chicken had no flavor, the mac 'n cheese was clumpy and bland (despite the fact that they use 8 or 9 different cheeses, according to the assistant manager who came to check in on us and mention, again, that the dish had just been added to the menu.) The collard greens tasted like pure vinegar and were inedible. As we were finishing up our meal and watching the NCAA game that was on a different manager came by to check to see how everything was. We said "fine" and he went into the "chicken dish was just added to the menu" spiel. Oh boy, at this point I felt more like a guinea pig than a patron and we just wanted to leave fearing that the chef would come out to ask how his dish turned out.

Hello Martha, I'm so sorry to read you didn't have an enjoyable experience with us. I have shared your feedback with our chef, obviously based on your feedback we did not execute the dish correctly. Id like to offer an opportunity for a 2nd chance, we are a small restaurant group out of Charleston and since you travel a bunch maybe you will find yourself in one of the cities we are located in. Of course Id love to have you back here if you are heading back to Nashville again. My email is ddelledera@theindigoroad.com

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Great service, amazing food....highly recommend this restaurant. The steaks were delicious and the Mac n cheese was out of this world!

Hi, Thank you for the 5 stars and your recommendation. Hopefully we will see you again on your next visit to Nashville. Dom

Reviewed 28 March 2018

The atmosphere was very good, the service was very good, we were a party of 3, 2 entrees and 2 sides were medium temp. It was apparent the meals sat too long before we were served. The food was very good and I would return giving them another chance. This is a dinner house only. Bar opens 4:30.

Hello, Thank you for the 4 stars, I'm so sorry we did not serve you piping hot food. I have shared your feedback with our chef in order to correct this in the future. Also, we recently opened for lunch on Monday through Friday. I hope to see you again, Dom