“If God made a restaurant...”

Martin's Bar-B-Que Joint
Ranked #98 of 2,198 Restaurants in Nashville
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

If the good Lord himself made a restaurant this would be the one. I am not usually the biggest fan of BBQ but wow!
All others have failed by comparison.

From the unique way of ordering to the cleanliness of the restaurant , and great staff/service this place is a MUST!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is not a full service restaurant. Sit at the bar if you can. #1 - So you will be waited on and #2 so your food won't get cold too quickly. Sitting farther away will mean you need to go to the bar to get your own beer and staff will wander around looking for you to drop off your food. If you go dry rub and ask for the sauce on the side or anything else - like napkins -- add another 3-5 minutes. Leaving everything on the tray to get cold before your first bite. If you can't sit at the bar (minors) then get a table close to it or close to the kitchen so your food doesn't get cold. BBQ is lovely, but when it's cold, it's over. The sauces they have are excellent. The spare ribs (not baby back) were meaty, tender and tasty -- they also stayed warm the longest.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Was excited to eat here, Martin's was on several recommended lists. Good looking place both inside and out, and the long line to order was encouraging. They also had great t-shirts available for purchase. So you order and pay and take a number to an open table, sit and someone brings you order to you. They a long bar as well, where you can walk up and order a beer or alcohol of choice. I order the Brisket platter at $17 and my wife order the Redneck taco at $11. We sat down and the food arrived very quickly, we barely had time to get settled. When I saw my platter, I should have immediately called the delivery person/food runner, wasn't really a waiter and told him to take it back, order something else or just ask for my money back. The brisket slices (3 slices were) were thin, small broken off pieces and dry. Clearly they had been pre-cut and sitting waiting and I think the food prep folks just hustling to accommodate all the diners are just rushing to plate the food and not really paying attention to what the slices look like. There wasn't enough to make a decent sandwich out of the meat. The beans on the side were in a tiny plastic bowl, too small in my opinion and I had their corn bread which resembled a pancake. That was ok. The meal came with two slices of white bread, but again there wasn't enough meat to do anything productive with the bread. The Redneck taco was essentially an open faced pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw on the cornbread pancake. It was cold, yes the meat too was cold and no sides accompanied her meal. My wife didn't enjoy it. We both felt like the meals were far more expensive than they should have been and this was frankly a tourist trap, being two blocks from Broadway and playing on the Tennessee BBQ reputation. Maybe we ordered poorly, maybe being in this region, you stick to pork ribs and some other sides. But I recall the ribs being priced per bone and I recalling thinking the asking price of the per rib pricing to be high so didn't go that way. But I can't recommend this place. I should have taken photos of the town entrees to share here, so folks could draw their own conclusions, but if I had I believe even the owners of this place would agree they missed on our entrees. I love bbq, this wasn't even average bbq. Sorry four big thumbs down here.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is the new downtown location for Martin's in Nashville. Probably some of the best BBQ in America. We had the brisket tacos, pulled pork, brisket and chicken. Everyone was happy with their choices. I have had better chicken BBQ, but I have never had better prepared smoked chicken. Martin's knows how to smoke meat. Good beer on tap, nice choice of sides and sauces. I can recommend and next I will head out to Nolensville or Belmont for more chicken. Downtown location is great for out of town guests and Hockey fans.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Great spot for feeling like you’re outside as it is an arboretum bar. Didn’t experience music. Good venue for it.