“Awesome first visit ”

Ranked #2 of 266 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Grand Ole Opry, an American Icon and Nashville's number one attraction, is known for creating one-of-a-kind entertainment experiences for audiences of all ages. It's where unforgettable moments happen every week...moments like the night Trace Adkins revealed a tweet inviting his pal Blake Shelton to become a member of the Opry. With country music's new stars, superstars, and legends live on stage, you never know what'll happen next. See the show that made country music famous.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We came for the first time on a Saturday night show. We had great seats even upstairs. The show was fantastic and the venue was awesome. My four year old couldn’t make it the entire show but she loved the music so much.

2  Thank kecompel
Write a ReviewReviews (10,661)
All reviews
in 1,027 reviews
"commercials"
in 355 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Prior to the show, I attended the backstage tour. The tour guides were informative and fun. It was pretty cool to go behind the scenes and see dressing rooms, the 'greenroom', walk the same halls as the artist's, and walk on stage.
I am not a country music fan, however I do love live music and loved the show. The artists were fantastic and seemed genuinely humbled to be on the Opry stage. I sat in the 3rd balcony, middle front row and had no problem seeing the stage. Be prepared though, the seats are padded pews and not individual seats.

1  Thank Maureen1771
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely loved the tour and we also did a concert there that was well worth the money Saw Trace Atkins and Craig Morgan and Riders in the sky were funny and all the rest of the entertainment was well worth the money Would recommend doing this

2  Thank Kathie W
Reviewed 5 April 2018

This was my first trip to the Grand Ole Opry! This is a beautiful building inside and out. We had perfect seats in the balcony. (I don't think there is a bad seat.) Throughly enjoyed this show. We will be back for the traditional Grand Ole Opry shows.

1  Thank gumpper88
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Had wanted to do this for a long time. By the time our calendars both finally had time available on an opry performance night, the only tickets left were up in the nose bleed section of the balcony. They still were not bad seats as we could hear well and the performers did not just look like tiny ants as they can in a giant arena. I thought the building would be bigger, though, maybe because the hype surrounding it is so huge. Just like at a sporting venue, you can get a closer look at the action on the jumbotron. My son was glued to it when the first singer, some young thing in a tight blouse and short skirt, performed. We were fortunate enough to be there on an induction night when another artist was added to the cast. He at least showed up. That is my one complaint- about half the playbill changed from the published list. I can understand how that can happen on a show that runs several times a week, but I would be upset if I paid for prime seats to see a particular headliner who was a no show. If you go the opry store during the show make sure you get a pass to get back to the show so they know you're not trying to sneak in from the store's street entrance. They were not doing back stage tours when we were there but that would be fun to do on our next visit.