USD 232
USD 183
USD 227
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 252/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
USD 168
USD 163
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 197/night.

USD 188
USD 234
USD 209
  • Free Breakfast
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 258/night.

USD 169
USD 146
Priceline
  • Pool
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 192/night.

USD 256
USD 213
Priceline
  • Free Breakfast
10,306 results
All reviewsboat rideatrium viewthis place is hugewater featuresdelta sectiongarden conservatorybeautiful resortold hickory steakhousegrand ole oprybalcony roomunder one roofirish pubjack danielschristmas decorationsopryland resortdowntown nashvilleoutlet mall
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Stay here 2-3 nights every April for a convention. Visited the property for at least a decade. The experience of this hotel never gets old. I lose my way around every year and get it figured out just before I leave.

A week before checking in, I received a friendly email encouraging me to check in at the Celebrity Services office upon arrival. Never had this invite before. Visited that office upon arrival and was treated like a king the remainder of the trip. Greeted by a very sweet girl, Noelia, who had a room ready but noted there would be an upgraded room with a balcony over an atrium available shortly. I chose to wait. She then offered me drinks or water and snacks, took my cell number, and grabbed my luggage. Received a text pretty soon that the room was ready so I went back, got the key, and they had already placed my luggage in the room. Noelia and Serena offered to help me with anything I needed during the stay, and little did I know, they meant it.

Room was nice as they have updated the Cascades rooms. New carpet, new paint, desks, beds, TVs, and tile in the bathrooms. Was very nice having the balcony and hearing the waterfall during the night with the door cracked open. Room had all needed amenities including a fridge. I can't comment on the room cleaning service and I chose not to have that done each day.

The property does not have a concierge lounge, as many have complained about it previous posts. But remember, this is a resort. Resorts in the Marriott brand do not have lounges. Why complain when it's their standard practice that's disclosed on the Marriott website. I was free to get sodas and water and snacks at the Celebrity desk anytime. The pool is large and nice with plenty of room around it. The gym is also very large and has all that you need for a good workout. Of note, they are building a huge waterpark that will be open in the fall. It's indoor and outdoor with a wave pool and many rides for kids up through thrill slides for adults. Property also has 8-9 restaurant on site from a burger joint and pizza by the slice spot, to Starbucks, ice cream shops, a sports bar, steakhouse, Italian spot, wine bar, and others. All restaurants are pricey as they are captive. A few gift shops as well.

Now, for the good part. A kid in our group forgot to pack his suit and had to give a presentation day 2 of the trip. A couple of us hustled over to the big mall (easy walk) and purchased him one, but the pants were very long and needed hemming. It was in the afternoon on a Friday so we had no options. I took a chance and stopped by the Celebrity desk and ran the scenario by them in desperation. Serena quickly dialed the uniform services part of the hotel and they agreed to take on the task. She escorted us to this gigantic facility where they keep and clean all uniforms. A nice lady, Marim or Sarim, I'm sorry that I forgot, measured them up and said would deliver to my room by 5pm. Guess what, they were in my room by 5pm, and the Celebrity desk took care of all costs. It was a life-saver for us. The boy was really happy, went in confident and won with his presentation. I could not thank Serena and the uniform folks enough.

This property may not be downtown, but it wouldn't fit there. But it is a solid property with amazing atriums with beautiful plants, trees, rivers (and a cool boat ride), fountains, etc. Definitely worth a stay if you've never been. If you're lucky enough and have the honor of working with the Celebrity Services group, the stay could not be more rewarding. Noelia and Serena went above and beyond anything I could hope for in making the stay rewarding.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew C
GaylordOpryland, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Andrew,

That is SO awesome to hear! I will make sure that these two are recognized for the amazing service they offered you--we are so excited to have you back next year, and very glad that we have become a tradition for you. It means the world to us, really!

Thanks for your great review,

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I recently made a trip to Nashville for a Girl’s Weekend with my Mom and Sister. We were going to celebrate my birthday, which after a family tragedy occurred on my birthday two years ago, it’s not been a day that we celebrate. This year, they wanted to be sure I was celebrated so we headed to Nashville!

I booked the hotel via Expedia and have used them for many bookings in the past. It reflected the cheapest price due to a few points I had accrued through the years so, click….we were booked at the Gaylord Opryland! One of the main reasons for our particular dates was that we wanted to have dinner at the Old Hickory Steakhouse on my actual birthday, which is March 19th. For reasons out of our control and for what Old Hickory thought was best for their guests, the restaurant made the decision to close on Monday the 19th due to a large group having hired a band for nearby which would make dining uncomfortable for the guests of the restaurant. It was disappointing, but I understood so instead we changed our reservation for Sunday, March 18th.

I then realized that there was no point in us staying through Monday evening because the only reason we were doing so was for the restaurant. So, I got on Expedia to shorten the reservation by one day. But then, that is when the brick walls began. We were due to arrive on March 17th and I tried to change the reservation on March 15th. Expedia said, “Sorry, you had to change it by March 14th”. Obviously a huge scam because no one makes you do the final changes three days prior to arrival. Expedia knows this and this is their way of trapping you. If I were to change this reservation, it would have cost me $381.00 to do so, which is more than one night’s stay at the Gaylord. I was beside myself with this and couldn’t believe this company was doing this. Expedia then said that they would contact the Gaylord and that THEY had to allow it. I decided to call the Gaylord and they said, no, this is on Expedia. Expedia is required to send the Gaylord a letter stating why the change is happening but then it’s up to Expedia to refund the money. Expedia told me to wait 24 hours for an update. 26 hours in, I call Expedia. I was on the phone with them for over an hour and walked away from the conversation with no resolve and still having fingers pointed at the Gaylord. They did happen to tell me who they most recently spoke to at the Gaylord so I called this very big hotel and simply asked for Melanie. “Do you know what department she is in?” “Um, I don’t. I’m sorry.” But the lady I got on the phone found Melanie and put me through to her department. Then I waited a little bit for Melanie to finish on another call but that was just the time I needed to cool down. I was so upset with this entire process that I was near tears (not my style at all!!).

Melanie gets on the phone and she was a breath of fresh air. Finally, someone on the other end of the line who would listen to reason! I was changing this reservation because the hotel had made a change which affected my trip. I was still going to show up. I was still going to spend a boatload of money. I just wanted to go home one day earlier. Easy, right? Well, up until this point it was nothing of the sort. Until, Melanie!

Melanie told me that procedures had to be followed and Expedia needed to contact them. Expedia told me that they had but the Gaylord didn’t receive any emails until after the next person spoke to Melanie. Email was finally written and received and Melanie made the change. She also made sure that our weekend was perfect. She went above and beyond, met us in the lobby when we arrived and made sure Old Hickory Steakhouse knew my name when we arrived for my birthday dinner. She called to make sure the room was perfect (and it was) and just really went the extra mile. Melanie exemplified what guest service is all about. I am forever grateful to her and for her and she’ll always be a special memory of what ended up being a wonderful trip to one of our favorite places. Expedia could learn a few guest service tips from this very kind woman. Gaylord….you have a gem in Melanie!

As for the Resort, it is magnificent in every way. Honestly, if you're booked there you don't have to go anywhere else. There are plenty of restaurants, coffee shops, shopping and even and Irish Pub to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. It was a fabulous stay and can't wait to go again.

By the way, Expedia emailed during our 2nd day there...."Still waiting to hear from the Gaylord." Um. Sure!

Room Tip: The atrium views are more expensive but so worth it!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
GaylordOpryland, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dee--

WOW!! What an experience. Expedia and other third party bookers like it can sometimes help you find great deals, to be sure, but because of incidents like you are describing, we always recommend that you make your reservations directly through us. I'm glad it all worked out, though, and I will definitely track Melanie down and make sure she is recognized! Thanks for making us a part of what sounds like a difficult time for your family as you try to make it into something to celebrate again--you! Glad we were able to make things right for you. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I am currently still at this hotel and am registered for two more nights. This hotel is beautiful and for that I would give it 5 Stars. Looks aside it has way too many flaws.
Front desk staff appear to be very polite and accommodating but clearly they’ve been trained to say what they have to, to appease you. Regardless, no complaints against front desk staff.
Room service cleaning staff seem to be very decent and accommodating as far as I can tell from our very brief encounters.
Hotel maintenance staff that we’ve encountered (especially in food service) are horrible, disrespectful and need some type of social training. They walk out in front of you with a dirty cart, then glare at you for being in their way. Another maintenance worker was driving some type of cart and no warning we just came face to face around a corner. He did not move nor apologize for almost running into me. It was more like he expected me to get out of his way.
Gift store manager in wing D should be fired. Horrible customer service and rotten attitude. I spent almost $100 in that place but wish I wouldn’t have spent a dime. I cannot believe that Marriott associates/contracts itself with such rude people and their business. I came here to spend money but with the attitude of the contracted gift store staff, I will spend as little as possible in this hotel for the remainder of my stay.
In certain restaurants at this hotel, garbage pails are rolled right through between the tables, as are carts full of dirty dishes. I have not in 50 + years ever seen this done before in any other establishment.
I could go on and on and on but I won’t bother. Gaylord Opryland will go down as my worst hotel experience in a long time. There is nothing about my experience with this hotel that convinces me the comfort of their guests is a priority. Seems more like a dismal money pit.
There has been a little something wrong every day since we checked in and I am not used to that with any other Marriott stay.
I will update my review once I return home but as of now, I do not like this hotel, would not recommend it and will be happy to leave here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Pandorastwin
GaylordOpryland, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hello--

I want to apologize for the issues you encountered at our property. TripAdvisor has a review process before your post is made available, so I regret I was unable to reach out to you while you were still here. We take your feedback very seriously, and I would like to discuss these matters with you further. I will reach out to you privately. Again, my sincere apologies for the issues you had here and the frustrations you must have felt. That is certainly not in keeping with what we try to do here as a hotel and not typical of most people's experiences.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This place is massive with 4 "islands"/sections each one could be the size of a normal hotel. Be prepared to have a long walk to your room through the various walkways with waterfalls, full size trees, lush plants, gazebos, etc. The woman checking us in was quite stoic and took a long time to check us in with no lines at 6pm. She tried calling about a room being ready without any answer on the other end of the phone. Then she left us twice without explanation. Several (4-5) other staff members were unoccupied but not assisting her or apologizing for the wait. The self parking is $29. There is a 1 hour parking area for unloading/check in. If you go over an hour it is $38. We asked about parking at the Opry Mills outlet mall parking lot and was told we would be towed. We went to check it out and there were hundreds of cars there (from an ongoing convention). We asked the mall security vehicle person what all the cars were parked near the hotel (way away from the mall) and he said it was people with the hotel and didn't indicate that there was any problem. We parked there for free and there was a walkway/sidewalk right to the convention center side of the hotel.

The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Rooms spacious. Up to date bathrooms, with a sink outside of the bathroom as well as one inside of the bathroom. The towels were not soft. Excellent housekeeping staff! Despite many hotel guests and convention attendees, it was wonderfully quiet in the hotel rooms.

Resort fee of $20 per day. Shuttle to downtown is offered but for $20 per person per day for all day as many trips, but leaving every 90 minutes.

Many restaurants to choose from but many closed early 9-10pm. Always a long line at the market to buy snacks/drinks.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
GaylordOpryland, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi--

Thanks for your review and feedback. I'm sorry about the issues you had at the front desk. To clarify, you are always welcome to park at the mall next door, and I don't know why you were told otherwise. I will pass that information on to the front desk manager--again thanks for letting us know.

That issue aside, it sounds like you had a good visit, and I hope you'll have many more in the future. Thanks for being a guest.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I got to tag along with my husband on a recent business trip of his and I have to say, this is the best resort hotel I’ve ever stayed in. It has absolutely everything — restaurants, shops, a lazy boat ride, even a sound booth where you can make your own cd! The place is absolutely enormous, beautiful, and well kept. Everything is immaculate and there’s so much “outside” inside the resort that you forget you’re in an enclosed space. I can’t overestimate how big this resort is. If you’re direction challenged like me, you will need a map, a compass, and a safari guide to help you find your way around. Breadcrumbs aren’t a good idea because the staff keeps the place so clean.

The restaurants are very nice (at least the ones we tried) and the shops are reasonably priced. The waterfalls are lovely, as are the foliage and the fish stocked in the river that runs through the resort. I didn’t get to try the boat ride, but I believe it’s around $12.50 for an adult ticket.

The rooms in the older part of the resort where we stayed are somewhat small and they don’t have microwaves (there is a community microwave on several of the floors if you don’t mind dragging your leftovers around like I did). Room service food leaves something to be desired and the tip is included in the price of the food so pay attention that you don’t tip twice.

There is a shuttle that goes downtown but it runs on a schedule and there is a fee. There are also plenty of taxis if you don’t want to wait for the next shuttle departure time. There’s so much to do at the resort, though, that I really don’t know why you’d want to leave.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Hello Kim--

Thanks for your recent stay, and thanks for a great review. Between you and me, I've been here for over six years, and I still often get turned around in this place myself--a compass isn't a bad idea. Or at least the free navigation app we offer for smartphones.

Glad you got to tag along for this trip--maybe next time you can both visit just for fun!

Thanks,