See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Stayed for 2 nights while travelling along the Great Ocean Road, the location was fantastic. We wanted somewhere to stay so we could look at all the attractions around the Otawa Ranges & Lighthouse, this was perfect!
Comfy, quiet & relaxing.
Only one small complaint, there is no oven... I wouldn't care if this was mentioned as there is a BBQ, but when you are told to buy food before you get there & you buy food thats cooked in an oven it's a little annoying. :(
But in saying that the Tavern in Lavers Hill has great meals & the coffee at the Shoppe is yummm!

Room Tip: Only the couples cabin #1 has the spa, the family cabin #2 only has a shower!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank YaYa_Peto
Reviewed 21 January 2013

The property is in a perfect location - just far enough out of Apollo Bay to feel like it's in the wilderness, yet close enough to pick up groceries.
The cottage itself is small, but very clean. A quick word of warning though - the fridge is most probably switched off when you arrive. (There is a lot to be said for power saving --- probably even more to be said for a note taped to the front of the fridge saying "I am turned off")
No problems at all with the booking - Ron was very good; and even though I didn't see him at all over the 5 days we were there (over Christmas) we spoke on the phone once or twice, and he was very friendly and helpful.

The view from the balcony, while cooking Christmas dinner on the BBQ, looking over the rolling hills to the ocean was exquisite.

Spa is perfect...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Stayed at Seatree Cottages last weekend with the family, found everything to be in wonderful condition, the cottages were clean and welcoming and the location was great, close by to many of the local attractions. We booked with Ron and the transactions were handled professionally and he was a great help with providing local information and suggesting places we should visit.
The property was in great condition and this time of year was so beautiful with all the wildlife and great weather. The ocean views from the bed and balcony was a definite highlight of the stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I had booked both cottages for our annual family getaway weekend – grandparents in the one bedroom cottage and next door – us and the kids in the two bedroom cottage.
Just prior to our time away, my mum-in-law rang to ask if I’d seen the trip advisor reviews for Seatree Cottages. I hadn’t – and was very concerned so I rang the owner. A lovely lady named Andrea, explained that she had just taken over the management of the cottages at the beginning of August (2012) and assured me that she was attempting to address all the prior concerns raised in the trip advisor reviews. She was confident that we would not be disappointed and that she would endeavour to make our weekend stay at Seatree Cottages as comfortable as possible. I was still very anxious but it was too late to cancel. Well, to my surprise, as promised, it really was lovely. Very clean and welcoming with the smell of eucalyptus trees in the air when we arrived, along with freshly picked flowers and a huge view over green hills to the distant ocean. The kids loved the little lambs running around in the next paddock. I had to laugh when my 4 year old pointed out the alpacas as “lambs with long necks”!
There were plenty of kids DVDs if the weather had not permitted but we were lucky enough to score a weekend of Winter sunshine, so most of our time was spent outdoors. Andrea arrived the next morning just as we were about to set out for some brunch and asked if we had a comfortable night, gave us a feedback sheet, and collected the balance. All in all, we all agreed it was an enjoyable weekend with lots to see and do in the area. Thanks Andrea.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeanette S
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We went for a mid week break, just so we could spend some time together way fromthe kids. we had very high expections of what we were going to, as th ephotos present the place well. We arrived to a tired cottage that was full of junk Nic Kaks, old posters stuck up on walls, and a book shelf wordroad that was full of uesless 'stuff. The Binoculars could of done with a clean as they had gathered some dust. The fly screen for the patio dorrs wasn't working and the bath room mop wasn't the must applealing thing touse when you had a shower. Thecouches were covered with tired looking sheets, the most annoying thinbg was the TV not working and the DVD controller missing.

We had a good break but not sure if we will revisit. We havn't passed over our comments to Ron, as we feel as a service provider he should be able to provide a high standard regardless of my comments.

The place was good value, but wasn't sure if the total price reflected the lack of care to the cottage.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple