“Beautiful lunch”

Zonzo Estate Yarra Valley
Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Yarra Glen
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Zonzo Estate is winery, restaurant, wedding venue and working farm located in the heart of the Yarra Valley on 300 picturesque acres. The Zonzo Restaurant specialises in authentic Italian cuisine, with the Festa Menu being a highlight for group bookings. All their wines are hand made and carefully crafted in small batches, with a focus on Italian varieties that are a-typical of the Yarra Valley.
Reviewed 8 December 2020 via mobile

Booked a set menu lunch which was beautiful and so plentiful we took enough home for dinner as well. Service was good and wine was great.
Nice touch was to allow us to finish the wine in the grass after our meal.

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank Peter C

Reviewed 2 December 2020

We went here because it was one of the only places open on a Tuesday for lunch, but maybe the reason it could afford to be open is the quality of the food and wine. We had a salad and pork meatballs for starters, and I had a calzone while my wife had gnocchi. Everything was excellent. We even used the meatball sauce as dipping sauce for the calzone crust (not sure if that's some kind of faux pas, but it was sure tasty). The staff were friendly and helpful, and gave us some good wine recommendations. I had a Shiraz and my wife had Chardonnay, and both were excellent.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 12 March 2020

I was given a gift voucher for my birthday so my husband and I waited for a perfect day to enjoy our special lunch. We made a booking which was advisable as it was surprisingly busy for a Thursday lunchtime. Our food was authentic Italian and delicious. It wasn't cheap but was worth every penny for the food, wine, service and beautiful view. A really special venue for lunch, whether you want a casual pizza outside under the umbrellas or a relaxing 3 course meal indoors.

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank Jacqueline K
Reviewed 6 March 2020

Lunched here for the joint birthday celebration of son and grandson. Pizzas were delicious! The children enjoyed themselves as well. The wine we had was excellent. The children enjoyed walking exploring the bush land.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

I wanted to get my kids off their Xbox last Sunday. So I hooked up with some friends and we headed up to the Yarra Valley for a late lunch at Zonzo Winery.

Like most good wineries, this one combines a stunning environment of vineyards on rolling hills surrounded by the larger peaks of the Great Dividing Range, with quirky cool architecture and excellent food playing out with a relaxed atmosphere with a focus on family. The kids ate simple three ingredients thin pizzas and the adults had scallops, barbecued sardines, slow cooked lamb, delicious spanner crab ravioli and so on. A chilled Prosecco or local Shiraz to complete. Splendido!

Date of visit: March 2020