“Magnificent food”

Price range: USD 0 - USD 50
Cuisines: International
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Terrace Restaurant is adjacent to the All Saints Estate cellar door and overlooks sweeping lawns to the vineyards beyond. No wonder it is North East Victoria's favorite dining experience! Here you can sample award-winning wines and discover divine local produce in our seasonal menu created by Head Chef Simon Arkless. Awarded one hat by The Age Good Food Guide 2014, 2015 & 2016 and Top 100 Australian Restaurants Gourmet Traveller 2015 & 2016.
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

The food at theAll Saints Winery is to die for and the winery is great to have a wonder and a taste test of the wine

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We had booked for for 7 for a 1pm lunch. Arrived a few minutes early to do some wine tasting in order to select wine to have with lunch. Our first surprise that left us speechless was when told we could not take any wine we bought at the tasting counter the 20 steps or so into the restaurant. Naturally, the same wines were available but at substantially higher prices (must be the freight costs!) than the already relatively high prices compared to the other wineries we had visited. Our next surprise came while we waited, and waited, and waited for our food. Considering the restaurant was less than half full, there were 3 staff/chefs in the kitchen and ample wait staff, it was over an hour before the entrees were served and after waiting another half hour, we then had to ask for the mains to be brought as soon as possible in order to make our next stop. The food was quite good, but not worth the prices we paid. I would not recommend this place, there are far more affordable places in/around Rutherglen with far better service.

1  Thank zsuzsi0507
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

We have enjoyed lunch at The Terrace previously , however I believe that Simon has taken this Restaurant to another level. The food was outstanding, interesting combinations of flavors magnificently presented. We have been fortunate to have dined at Michelin star Restaurants in Europe including Osteria Francescana, I believe Massimo would be impressed. The matched wines were excellent and complemented the food perfectly. The service was also exceptional with both good knowledge of the food and wine. All in all an exceptional experience well worth the 400 km round trip. We will be back but next time with friends

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Would have liked the snail to be the hero of the snail dish. I could barely locate where the snail was. Overpriced children's menu. Penne pasta was bought in and a small amount of icecream for $40! Would have liked the oysters detached from the shell. Lamb and fish dish delicious. Would have liked the quince tatin to have been more caramelised. Overall the flavours were well balanced and the wine matching superb. Nice atmosphere. Felt a little rushed to order after just sitting down. Well maintained estate. A nice experience.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

This restaurant is very expensive in my opinion. Its not for the average 'Joe', or faint at heart! We found Dinner, a three course meal, at a set price with extra cost for sides, poor value for money. The lighting is so low, even my 32 year old son could not see what he was eating, so it wasn't just my older eyesight! It was hard to tell what things were on the plate. The entree was limited in its choice if you didn't eat sea food - there was only one other choice of capocollo, of which there was too much and it was overbearing, being such a strong flavour.
Although the flavours were excellent on the main, I had the lamb, with two long chop bones and I could not see if I was selecting fat or flesh, and even with an excellent steak knife, this meat was tough. There were other morsels of meat on my plate, of which one was sublime, but for the price I expect it all to be so.
Some of our table were allowed to order two desserts as we were restricted with the entree, and of these the Quince tart and Creme Fraiche ice cream was really excellent. However the Panna Cotta was less than I have had recently at a hotel in Bendigo, who also have an award winning chef. The Chocolate Fondant was also very nice but for an advertised excellent chef, we were disappointed for the price, overall. The sparkling Shiraz however was absolutely amazing, and we did bump up our total with an extra bottle there. Perhaps I would recommend going for lunch, where there is a choice of two courses out of three. However I find restaurants who put rules and restrictions in place across their menus to be out of touch with guests. A target clientele must be their hope. Let us hope they do get return customers who enjoy those restrictions, even if all the meals are not incredibly excellent across the menu.

1  Thank 881coral