“Beautiful accommodation in Red Hill”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Hill
The Orchard Luxury B&B
Ranked #1 of 6 Red Hill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 December 2016

The accommodation at The Orchard is perfect. Tranquil and secluded, there is little more that could be desired. One wakes to ducks flying down to the lake or a kookaburra surveying the mornings offerings. Frank brings the perfect breakfast and conversation. Helen is a wonderful cook. We will be back and hopefully soon.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 December 2016

This place deserves it's high rating on TripAdvisor. Suites are comfortable, view from the suite and the balcony fantastic, hosts are friendly, and the home made biscuits were sensational. The breakfasts are fantastic; quality and quantity are exceptional. You'll find yourself asking for a half serve the next day - and you'll still be full!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Whilst I am loathe to be the first to not write an excellent review I pride myself on honest reviews so here goes....

My family of 7 recently stayed at this b&b to surprise my husband for his 60th birthday. The accommodation suited our needs as I had to get two other couples and a child accommodated without him being aware. We were placed in the house because our youngest son was to join us the second night and thus needed the other bedroom. My husband was rather surprised at the house when we arrived as it wasn't the style of accommodation I would normally choose.

It was well equipped with excellent full kitchen and it was very clean and neat. The house is situated in a beautiful location but disappointingly it has not been built to take advantage of the beautiful views the way the 3 other room suites are. If you want to enjoy the view from the house you either need to look out the kitchen or bedroom window. From the main living area you see the large deck which whilst very functional in nice weather is not an aesthetically pleasing outlook. The bedroom does have a small balcony however there are no chairs out there to enjoy it and it would be more enticing if you could step off it, but it is fully enclosed with railing.

It is hard to describe the style of the house; it reminded me of a new house you would find in 1980-90s suburbia with lead light on internal doors and slate bathroom floor, a little lacking in the creative touches that we usually enjoy whilst travelling.
The bathroom was exceptionally clean with beautiful toiletries and plenty of white fluffy towels. Bring your slippers though because that slate floor is freezing!
We unfortunately found the bed to be too firm but I see other reviewers have found it very comfortable. The bed linen and extra blankets were beautiful and luxurious as were the warm fluffy robes.
The heating was fabulous and very much needed; the bathroom has an open shower which exposes you to the cold whilst showering; obviously this wouldn't be an issue in warmer months.

One of our other sons joined us all for breakfast in the dining room. It suited us being a large group to dine there but I would recommend dining on your balcony. The dining room has a lovely outlook but if you're expecting a farmhouse style dining room befitting the location you might be disappointed.
As other reviewers have said, the breakfast was amazing with an abundance of delicious choices, an easy match for some of our best cafes in Melbourne.

The room suites that my children stayed in were lovely with a large veranda soaked in glorious morning sunshine; the view from these rooms is so serene, green trees and water, it would be beautiful to wake up to it in the morning. I think anyone staying in these suites would not be disappointed.

I must add that despite the small issues about the house we all really enjoyed our stay; and given previous positive reviews about the house it may come down to personal taste. We enjoy staying in unique places with some creative flair; I realise that is not going to suit everyone. I want to also say that Frank was a delightful host who was so eager to please his guests. He promptly responded to all emails despite being away travelling and he was happy for my brood to kick the footy around after we had indulged in Helen's amazing breakfast.

I would highly recommend staying here in one of the 3 suites if you're looking for a weekend escape from the city.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Triecia
the-orchard, Owner at The Orchard Luxury B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear Triecia, thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review of your stay here at The Orchard. It was delightful to have you and your family stay, particularly as the surprise birthday gathering you had organized for your husband's 60th was so obviously greatly appreciated by all involved and went off without a hitch. A truly memorable weekend. It was particularly heartwarming to hear your family and partners sharing love, fun and conversation over Helen's lovely breakfasts in our spacious and dedicated Guest's Dining Room on the Sunday morning and to have the many comings and goings of family members between the B&B suites and The Orchard House over the weekend. We made sure to not take any bookings for our third B&B suite and were happy to accommodate your request for two single night bookings in our B&B suites as we felt that the weekend you had planned would work best by having our whole establishment dedicated to your husband's birthday surprise. We hope that you and / or other family members can find time to come back to stay with us very soon. Best wishes and thanks again, Frank & Helen.

Reviewed 2 May 2016

We spent 2 nights at the B&B and it was just the most beautiful, peaceful, and inspiring place. The moment we walked into the room, WOW. The view is just breathtaking... none of the photos we've taken can do justice to the real thing. We love waking up to the view of the fog coming down the forest, by the little swamp. At sundown you'll see the swamp glistening golden rays. I could spend all day on the balcony.

The room itself is luxurious and spotless. The bathroom has a very nice jacuzzi and towel warmer. They've provided a bowl of good chocolates, homemade biscuits (which quite literally the best biscuits I've every had! - They even gave me the recipe for it), Nespresso machine with generous amount of pods, sparkling water, large CD and DVD collections, games, etc... It was the attention to these little touches that really impressed me. To me it shows how passionate the hosts are about making sure you felt pampered and at home.

The breakfast... I had high expectation given the reviews I've read from here, but it didn't even prepare me for the amazing feast they prepared for us! The porridge was topped with freshly baked apple from the farm next door, with just the right amount of burned crust to give the porridge a caramelised flavour! Perfectly cooked poached eggs, delicious smoked salmon and baked shredded potatoes, fresh berries from local farms, YUM! Helen really knows the local ingredients and cooks them to perfection. You get a selection of drinks from coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice, smoothie blends, they don't hold back on treating their guests :) I have not had a better breakfast anywhere else, even at 5 star hotels.
We had breakfast at our balcony and had the pleasure of seeing the sun rising from the top of the trees.

Mobile reception is tricky in the location, but their internet is really good and fast so we had no issues.

They have generously offered unlimited check in and check out, which we have really enjoyed. On the last days we spent another afternoon at the balcony until sundown, which is my favourite view :)

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda K
the-orchard, Owner at The Orchard Luxury B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Thank you for your delightful and descriptive review. We are very pleased that you found our little B&B so beautiful and relaxing and that you decided to stay on until sunset on your check out day to enjoy the view and the changing colours. We look forward to your next stay with us, perhaps in our Orchard House.

Reviewed 5 April 2016

Just spent an incredible long weekend at this lovely B&B. Both Frank and Helen looked after us with the most decadent breakfasts and spoilt us with a few too many chocolates over the Easter break!

The rooms are comfortable and have everything you need with the balcony and views perfect to relax and forget about the world around you!

Thoroughly recommend this stay to anyone looking to unwind and escape for a few days - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Woodman Estate
#1 of 1 in Moorooduc
17 km away
Peppers Moonah Links Resort

Been to The Orchard Luxury B&B? Share your experiences!