“I can’t believe i never reviewed this before now...”
Review of Olinda Cafe

Olinda Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Quick Bites in Olinda
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2020 via mobile

This place is so consistent with perfect meals every single time we’ve been here. They are always busy but we have always managed to get a decent table. Service is always smiling and prompt. I always order the haloumi and zucchini fritters because i crave them.. they are that good. The apple , rocket and mint salad is so fresh and lively too. My partner had the olinda burger and he said it was ‘really...really good’. Chips and aioli are awesome. I love this place. It temporarily closed a while ago and i was so sad.. just happened to be in the area and realised they’re back so had to go there even though we hadn’t planned to. Well done to staff there, you all do an amazing job.

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank cleem72

Reviewed 17 March 2020 via mobile

Superb. One of the best cafes I have been to.
Beef burger was the best!! Mum loved the fritters. The cakes look terrific however have not tried any.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 19 October 2019

Lovely cafe for lunch. Delicious food, nice atmosphere and friendly, quick service. Very much enjoyed the experience.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 7 October 2019 via mobile

Had lamp shanks with garlic mash. Beautiful and yummy , staff are friendly and nice atmosphere. Highly recommend

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank Ionna_Melbourne
Reviewed 16 September 2019

The worst behaviour I have ever experienced in a cafe from staff in ky life. My family and I decided to go into this cafe for some coffee and cake, we entered through the back door and we were asked how many by pleasant staff (not the particular owner who was rude) and we said we were happy to sit outside after we had a look at what cakes were available but sadly there were only a couple of cake options left and none really appealing to us we decided we would first go to the shop down the street and purchase a ring my family member had seen earlier and then come back for a coffee after thinking they might put more cakes out by then. So we headed for the front door and as I was standing there with the door open for my family to go through this woman who is apparently the owner yelled at us from the counter asking us what we were doing and before we could even explain she body blocked us holding her arm out us standing in between me holding the door open for my family to exit and my family. She aggressively and loudly told us that if we came in the back door we had to exit through the back door, she was incredibly rude in her aggressive stance and the way she told us...not asked kindly but told us!!! I am a local and I have never been so embarrassed in my whole life by the way she treated us, my family was horrified! People at their tables were looking on in shock at what she was doing to and it just made no sense what so ever. She would not even let us explain that we were coming backing about 10 minutes for a cuppa but we definitely will never be back now and I will be telling everyone else not to support this rude person or their business either. My poor sister felt physically sick with anxiety after it. It took us hours To calm down. To the owner....You need to seriously reconsider how you treat your customers. Your rude threatening stance and aggressive behaviour was utterly appaling and abusive and I hear from others in the community and can see from other reviews it is not the first time you have done this to people, people who would have been customers and did not deserve it. If you don't want potential customer to walk in the back door then lock your gate. Totally horrified by our experience. We went to Ranges Cafe next door and it was magnificent! Avoid here because you seriously may get abused by this horrid woman and go to Ranges instead!
From a seriously angry local.

Date of visit: September 2019