“Lunch”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2019 via mobile

Had lamp shanks with garlic mash. Beautiful and yummy , staff are friendly and nice atmosphere. Highly recommend

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank Ionna_Melbourne

Reviewed 16 September 2019

The worst behaviour I have ever experienced in a cafe from staff in ky life. My family and I decided to go into this cafe for some coffee and cake, we entered through the back door and we were asked how many by pleasant staff (not the particular owner who was rude) and we said we were happy to sit outside after we had a look at what cakes were available but sadly there were only a couple of cake options left and none really appealing to us we decided we would first go to the shop down the street and purchase a ring my family member had seen earlier and then come back for a coffee after thinking they might put more cakes out by then. So we headed for the front door and as I was standing there with the door open for my family to go through this woman who is apparently the owner yelled at us from the counter asking us what we were doing and before we could even explain she body blocked us holding her arm out us standing in between me holding the door open for my family to exit and my family. She aggressively and loudly told us that if we came in the back door we had to exit through the back door, she was incredibly rude in her aggressive stance and the way she told us...not asked kindly but told us!!! I am a local and I have never been so embarrassed in my whole life by the way she treated us, my family was horrified! People at their tables were looking on in shock at what she was doing to and it just made no sense what so ever. She would not even let us explain that we were coming backing about 10 minutes for a cuppa but we definitely will never be back now and I will be telling everyone else not to support this rude person or their business either. My poor sister felt physically sick with anxiety after it. It took us hours To calm down. To the owner....You need to seriously reconsider how you treat your customers. Your rude threatening stance and aggressive behaviour was utterly appaling and abusive and I hear from others in the community and can see from other reviews it is not the first time you have done this to people, people who would have been customers and did not deserve it. If you don't want potential customer to walk in the back door then lock your gate. Totally horrified by our experience. We went to Ranges Cafe next door and it was magnificent! Avoid here because you seriously may get abused by this horrid woman and go to Ranges instead!
From a seriously angry local.

Date of visit: September 2019
13  Thank CHOCSPIRIT
Reviewed 4 September 2019 via mobile

My sister and I first went in for a much needed coffee after a busy day. It was late in the day but luckily we were still able to order our coffee.
We both commented on how amazing the froth was 😋 as well as the coffee being one of the best.
Next time we'll enjoy a meal as well.
Thank you.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 26 August 2019

I'm not a big pie eater but as it was way past my lunchtime feed, I was ravenous and picked the lamb and rosemary pie as I adore lamb. Accompanied by delicious beer-battered chips and a mixed salad, this was a substantial meal but I managed to clear the plate on a cold winters day. My eyes were bigger than my stomach and I ordered the scones, jam and cream as a take-out for tea at home, later. I'm not sorry as it was delicious. I'll worry about my figure from Monday, this was my Sunday treat. Friendly service ticks another box.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank tildix2016
Reviewed 2 August 2019

This is a lovely, bustling, friendly restaurant/cafe. There are two areas to this restaurant - one side closer to the fire and the other a little cooler for those who don't like to be too close to the heat. This works well because the area not directly near the fire is still cosy and warm on a chilly winter's day in the hills.
Staff are very welcoming and during the weekdays can usually chat a little - weekends are different and sometimes there is a queue out the door and down the street - especially between 12noon and 2pm. The area is popular, so if you want to eat at this restaurant (or any other in the area) you need to plan ahead.
Prices are reasonable and the servings are generous, with children's portions provided.
Hot chocolate comes in three levels - white, milk and dark. I LOVE dark chocolate and this comes nicely heated and a good strong chocolate flavour - my chocolate was on the bottom and I stirred it through the milk until I had a lovely strong flavour all the way to the end!
Recommended!!