“Best Froth”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2019 via mobile

My sister and I first went in for a much needed coffee after a busy day. It was late in the day but luckily we were still able to order our coffee.
We both commented on how amazing the froth was 😋 as well as the coffee being one of the best.
Next time we'll enjoy a meal as well.
Thank you.

Date of visit: August 2019

Reviewed 26 August 2019

I'm not a big pie eater but as it was way past my lunchtime feed, I was ravenous and picked the lamb and rosemary pie as I adore lamb. Accompanied by delicious beer-battered chips and a mixed salad, this was a substantial meal but I managed to clear the plate on a cold winters day. My eyes were bigger than my stomach and I ordered the scones, jam and cream as a take-out for tea at home, later. I'm not sorry as it was delicious. I'll worry about my figure from Monday, this was my Sunday treat. Friendly service ticks another box.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank tildix2016
Reviewed 2 August 2019

This is a lovely, bustling, friendly restaurant/cafe. There are two areas to this restaurant - one side closer to the fire and the other a little cooler for those who don't like to be too close to the heat. This works well because the area not directly near the fire is still cosy and warm on a chilly winter's day in the hills.
Staff are very welcoming and during the weekdays can usually chat a little - weekends are different and sometimes there is a queue out the door and down the street - especially between 12noon and 2pm. The area is popular, so if you want to eat at this restaurant (or any other in the area) you need to plan ahead.
Prices are reasonable and the servings are generous, with children's portions provided.
Hot chocolate comes in three levels - white, milk and dark. I LOVE dark chocolate and this comes nicely heated and a good strong chocolate flavour - my chocolate was on the bottom and I stirred it through the milk until I had a lovely strong flavour all the way to the end!
Recommended!!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed 23 June 2019

We requested to sit in window and was refused as table was for 5 people. We were seated in rear in are with zero ambiance with not enough room to fit our plates. Food was ok but won’t be back and table we requested was empty the entire time

Date of visit: June 2019
3  Thank MelanieKon
Reviewed 19 June 2019 via mobile

Visited on a freezing day.
Very cosy with its wood fire. We had the Devonshire Tea for two. Huge scones with homemade raspberry jam and a long black and latte which was all very tasty and nice and hot on such a cold day inthe Dandenongs.
The cafe is spacious so plenty of seating also around the fire.
The staff also very friendly and helpful with very quick service with a smille.
Well worth a visit with parking right out the front if its not busy.
Very enjoyable