“Lunch at Lupos kiln cafe”
Review of Lupo's Kiln Cafe

Lupo's Kiln Cafe
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Myrtleford
Cuisines: Italian
Description: We are open for breakfast, lunch, coffees and cake 8am - 4pm every day except Tuesdays in the school holidays!
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

The absolutely best pasta outside of Italy. Delicious food and great service. The carrot cake was pretty good too!

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Heading home from Bright, looking for breakfast. Found this little gem. Probably the best coffee I have had this trip! Lovely simple menu. Friendly staff. Relaxed, family friendly atmosphere with fun decor relating to the historic stories of the property. Definitely worth the stop.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

Recommended by a friend, we stopped here on an alpine visit to bright. We were so happy we did! We sat outside on the sunny deck overlooking the stunning scenery eating delicious pasta & reading the newspapers. Bliss!

Despite it being a sunny Saturday it wasn't busy, three other tables were full. The Irish waitress on duty was delightful. She was just the right amount of friendly without being overbearing which we love.

We were pretty stuffed after the bolognese so we got dessert to go. Hands down the best caramel slice I've tasted!

Reviewed 8 September 2016

As a kid in the sixties we visited Myrtleford occasionally and from time to time eat some of the authentic Italian food in a couple of the little cafes that are now long gone. The Mediterranean flavours assaulted my taste buds, having been brought up on mostly bland, but no doubt nutritious, Anglophile stodge. The impact of that early food experience was strong as I often find myself yearning for proper olive oil, salami and of course, pasta.
Imagine my pleasure when visiting the region recently when we discovered Lupo's. We nearly didn't stop as we wanted to get to the snow early but the look of that funky old tobacco kiln fascinated us.
So, in we went to be greeted by a dear lady who turned out owned the place (with her husband Ermanno). Michelle sat us down in a warm spot and quickly produced a couple of glasses of robust local red. Moments later, Ermanno brought a bowl of fragrant fusilli broccolini for my dearest and some traditional bolognese for Daddy. Apparently the recipe is Michelle' mother's - an old Italian recipe that was rich, full and absolutely delicious. It was so good that we convinced Michelle to package some more up for us to take on our way. And so cheap!
Of course good coffee followed - and some magnificent Italian cake which was just more of a good thing. Can't remember what it was but it was soooo good. (Pity that it came with whipped cream from a can - Lupo's is better than that.)
If you happen to be up Myrtleford way you just must stop for some of the most authentic Italian fare you will ever find.
Footnote: We dropped in for lunch on the way home and I just had to try their antipasto platter. It wasn't the best I have eaten but close. What it did have is the best salami - home made of course - it has ever been my good fortune to try. My mouth waters at the memory.

1  Thank bigfish453
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Friends took us to visit this friendly restaurant which serves beautiful home made pasta. Thoroughly recommend the Chilli Prawn Spaghetti, with extra chilli on the side. You could taste the difference in the pasta, it was beautiful. We went on Fathers Day, restaurant was full, but it did not affect the service. The no,preservative red wine was delicious. Book a table near a window to enjoy the lovely scenery. Thoroughly recommend going for a drive for this one.