“Consistent great food & service”
Review of Restaurant Soy

Restaurant Soy
Ranked #65 of 139 Restaurants in Mornington
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Consistent great food & service”
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I have been to Soy many times with my husband & also with large groups of friends & family & have always been impressed. The food is great & the waiters are always friendly, one even recommended a dish to me when I couldn't decide what to order- which is now my favorite!
Awesome cocktails too!

Mornington, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Chinese Cuisine around Mornington & Rivals Most Melbourne Ones.”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I've gone to Soy regularly for lunch for the last 3 years. (The only reason I stopped is due to no longer working in the area). Whether it's YumCha; a-la-Carte; Peking Duck or anything from their specials list, it's always been impressive... Not forgetting their home-made ice-cream. One of my guests only eats gluten-free and they had a menu for that, too. I tried it and it was delicious.
To this day, everyone I have lunched with there have been extremely impressed and gone back with their partners/families.
Highly Recommended.

• Visited August 2011
Mornington, Australia
“THE WORST SERVICE EXPERIENCE OF MY LFE”
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Everything else aside, if you want to get attitude from the restaurant manager, rudeness from the restaurant manager, confrontation and argumentative dispute from the restaurant manager, be verbally attacked and barreled by the restaurant manager and to be told to immediately leave the premises if you stand up to the restaurant manager, SOY MORNINGTON is the place to spend you hard earned money! WOW - this place is amazing! My family and I have never been treated in this way EVER in a restaurant. When we finally got our food, we didn't even have time to taste it before a rampaging pig of a manager ruined our night out. Food ordered not provided, wrong dishes delivered, long time coming and when you politely question what's going on, just wait for the response!!! We walked out in disgust and still cannot believe the rudeness of this manager.

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank JEZJEZJEZ C
Melbourne
“Generally very poor service spoils this restaurant.”
Reviewed 9 May 2011

We have given this restaurant "life!". The first time our party of eight went there it was great, the next time was ok, but far too noisy - and our final try was promising at first. Then things began to fall off the rails - one arrogant waitress treated us as if we were pests, and she couldn't wait to go home - but at least she did stay to the end - more than we can say for the chef. After our main course we had to go find the aforementioned waitress and ask for the desert menus.She took our orders in a rather bored fashion, then after a while came back to the table to say "I have some bad news. The chef has gone home for the night". When we expressed our dismay that a chef would leave while there were still tables of diners, she stated "He has worked all day". Not our problem, I'm afraid. Possibly hers, maybe we could have been offered the menus a little earlier, before he went home?

• Visited April 2011