“You won't believe this story”

The Lilydale General
Ranked #6 of 58 Restaurants in Lilydale
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lilydale’s local since 2013, the Lilydale General serves AXIL coffee and all day breakfast, brunch & lunch style menu. Our outdoor seating area is dog friendly and perfect for a sunny day. Plenty of parking and a great spot for a bite on your way to and from the Yarra Valley. Look out for our green and white stripes! We also offer evening functions, pick-up catering, phone orders & vouchers. - Glenn, Thomas & The Lilydale General Team
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

This Sunday I woke up and the day was beautiful, probably the first sun we have had in awhile and so I decided to try out the lilydale general since I had about 40 minutes to spare before a meeting.

I arrived, the parking was easy, the girl who seated us was really friendly, the sun was shining (there was a good amount of seats outside).
I set a timer on my phone for about 25 minutes to remind me when to leave and I was only getting a coffee and reading anyways so that should be plenty of time.

After 15 minutes we still hadn't received our drink. Just our drinks, they hadn't even asked if we wanted food yet (we still had menus and they didn't know that we werent having food)

I decided to go in and ask if we could get our drinks in takeaway cups since it's been 15 minutes, and the barista is little on her phone and having a laugh with another co worker. So I politely ask for takeaway cups and Instead of being like oh sorry yeah I'll get on to that the barista was so snarky and said, "Well it hasn't been that long but fine."

Wow.
Okay. Haha I don't know why that's the most relevant thing? But it definitely had been 15 minutes because I had a bloody timer smh.

I went back to our table and I told my boyfriend and he couldn't believe it and we look inside and she's making SOMEONE ELSE'S COFFEE FIRST.
Idk why she was on her phone with all these orders to do. Rediculous.

We decided to leave cause I had to go by then anyways and that's that. I'm just glad I didn't end up paying from lack of confidence to leave.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Looks great, coffee is very good, menu and food not so good. Also service although friendly seems to be a little bit on the ameture side.

1  Thank GIH123
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Just great coffee! Definitely worth driving a bit to enjoy what they serve here. They do offer different roasts from day to day, so each coffee is a new experience.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

had brunch at this place, always good food and coffee/drinks. staff are friendly and place is modern and on the larger side of things. outdoor eating also very good.
great selection of food, off the main street shops in the industrial section of town, and not your normal industrial type cafe.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Very noisy inside with people talking loudly because of the echo effect, outside because of the traffic, mainly trucks. Over priced basic food. It is more of a 'Toorak snobs' style of place. Very little parking.