Lowest prices for your stay
AU$125
Hotels.com
AU$122
Fully refundable before Sat, 27 Apr
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews good size one night queen bed new owners yarra valley coldstream wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 April 2021

Excellent service by the new owners. Extremely comfortable bed, good clean sheets and covers with a spare clean, white blanket, in the wardrobe.
Everything was sparkling clean including the glasses, which I checked expecting them to need washing.
After reading previous reviews, I was sorry to have booked here but the new owners, explained that they had worked very hard to make the venue clean and comfortable for all guests. I was pleased that we decided to stay here.

Room tip: We occupied 3 rooms on the ground floor and 2 on the upper floor. I preferred ground floor due to need to carry luggage upstairs.
1  Thank denisemL9092NA
Reviewed 26 April 2021 via mobile

Clearly this motel is under renovation. Rooms were very clean and bed comfy. Owners very kindly let us check in early to get ready for a nearby wedding. Our family booked 6 rooms. All with no complaint.
Thanks for having us.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank sandrahA9957XR
Reviewed 26 April 2021

The staff were very pleasant and friendly. The check in process was efficient. The rooms were very clean and tidy. The price was extremely affordable. I will definitely stay again and recommend it to others.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2021 via mobile

I chose to stay here because of the price and it was close to where I needed to go that day, but as soon as I arrived, I hated it and felt extremely uncomfortable.

It was supposed to be a newly renovated room and the online pictures made it seem nice.
There may have been updates, but it certainly wasn’t complete or done to any professional standard (see photos of holes, scuff marks, no door lock, carpet leaks etc) and I felt very unsafe straight away.

It seemed as though someone may have been living in there (or it just wasn’t cleaned)

The rooms that were taken at the hotel were housing junkies by the looks of it and there were suspicious people walking around all the time, one whom is apparently a ‘security guard’ because as the manager put it, ‘we needed to get one so people would feel safe’.

In saying that, when I left to go out, a police car turned up which is not a good look.

I didn’t have time to find another place or leave, as I had somewhere to be, but as soon as I returned later on, I packed my things and asked for a refund, to which they said they couldn’t do, but they did offer a transfer to another motel down the road, which I was grateful for.

I have plenty more photos, these are just some of the room, marks and holes.

If you don’t care about staying in a dodgy motel, then go for it, but I would never recommend anyone stay there at all.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank lisatregenza
Reviewed 5 June 2020

Was unaware of a Tripadvisor review for the Lilydale Motor Inn so would have posted this long ago.

I actually stayed here in May 2016 to attend a funeral so stayed four nights. Shower had one of those 3 stage sliding doors which I found very annoying because it constantly jammed and required coaxing into the closed position. It simply needed adjustment to make it operate smoothly. I think the jamming shower door would have been like this for quite a while. Doesn’t anyone check units for problems?

On my last night there I was woken up about 3am with a noise coming from outside. It sounded like water dripping down from a height on to a piece of metal. The noise was loud enough to make it near impossible to go back to sleep. Next day I mentioned this to the owner and he knew about the problem. He informed me that the people staying in the upstairs unit must have switched on their air conditioner through the night and as a consequence, moisture absorbed from the air drips down from the overflow pipe and splashes on to the metal surround of my air/con unit directly below. If I had been informed of this beforehand I would naturally have asked for another room!

The room itself was comfortable even though it was somewhat dated.

Date of stay: May 2020