Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Lisa Tregenza
Moe, Australia

Would not recommend!

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Feb 2021via mobile
I chose to stay here because of the price and it was close to where I needed to go that day, but as soon as I arrived, I hated it and felt extremely uncomfortable.

It was supposed to be a newly renovated room and the online pictures made it seem nice.
There may have been updates, but it certainly wasn’t complete or done to any professional standard (see photos of holes, scuff marks, no door lock, carpet leaks etc) and I felt very unsafe straight away.

It seemed as though someone may have been living in there (or it just wasn’t cleaned)

The rooms that were taken at the hotel were housing junkies by the looks of it and there were suspicious people walking around all the time, one whom is apparently a ‘security guard’ because as the manager put it, ‘we needed to get one so people would feel safe’.

In saying that, when I left to go out, a police car turned up which is not a good look.

I didn’t have time to find another place or leave, as I had somewhere to be, but as soon as I returned later on, I packed my things and asked for a refund, to which they said they couldn’t do, but they did offer a transfer to another motel down the road, which I was grateful for.

I have plenty more photos, these are just some of the room, marks and holes.

If you don’t care about staying in a dodgy motel, then go for it, but I would never recommend anyone stay there at all.
Date of stay: December 2020
17.2 km from Econo Lodge Lilydale
12.0 km from Econo Lodge Lilydale
Spa
View more hotels in Lilydale
All reviews good size one night queen bed new owners yarra valley coldstream wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 June 2020

Was unaware of a Tripadvisor review for the Lilydale Motor Inn so would have posted this long ago.

I actually stayed here in May 2016 to attend a funeral so stayed four nights. Shower had one of those 3 stage sliding doors which I found very annoying because it constantly jammed and required coaxing into the closed position. It simply needed adjustment to make it operate smoothly. I think the jamming shower door would have been like this for quite a while. Doesn’t anyone check units for problems?

On my last night there I was woken up about 3am with a noise coming from outside. It sounded like water dripping down from a height on to a piece of metal. The noise was loud enough to make it near impossible to go back to sleep. Next day I mentioned this to the owner and he knew about the problem. He informed me that the people staying in the upstairs unit must have switched on their air conditioner through the night and as a consequence, moisture absorbed from the air drips down from the overflow pipe and splashes on to the metal surround of my air/con unit directly below. If I had been informed of this beforehand I would naturally have asked for another room!

The room itself was comfortable even though it was somewhat dated.

Date of stay: May 2020
Reviewed 12 March 2020

Room was fine, floor needs carpet to deaden sound, looks like other rooms are being updated with work going on nearby, not a problem. Traffic noise minimal, not a bother. We thought there was a restaurant, but not the case.
however, we would stay there again

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

Unfortunately it was a long weekend & I booked this online as most places were full. It’s dirty & outdated. The carpet is disgusting ( scared to walk on it), the bedding was stained & sheets had hairs on them. Not a bad location but that’s about it. I do believe there are some refurbishment occurring in some rooms - you can only hope it hits all of them 🤦🏼‍♀️

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 799kerried
Reviewed 7 January 2020

Can't speak highly enough of cleanliness, service, amenities, staff attention. Even found some chocolates on the table when I returned one day. The room was exceptionally clean, the bed was amazing, and the area was extremely quiet and relaxing. It's close to shops and eating outlets, easy to access, and overall the best place I could have chosen for a few day's chill out.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank Fay H
Reviewed 14 April 2019 via mobile

We chose this place as it was dark, we were tired and it seemed ok from the outside..... However, Beware! Our room had the bare essentials but was dirty and smelt like cigarette smoke. The bed was uncomfortable and had a spring coming through which my husband almost cut his leg on!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple