Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Sat, 8 June
Priceline
Fully refundable before Fri, 7 June
No prepayment needed
Go to your Happy Price
Truman York

Started off alright but ended not so nice!

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 June 2020
Was unaware of a Tripadvisor review for the Lilydale Motor Inn so would have posted this long ago.

I actually stayed here in May 2016 to attend a funeral so stayed four nights. Shower had one of those 3 stage sliding doors which I found very annoying because it constantly jammed and required coaxing into the closed position. It simply needed adjustment to make it operate smoothly. I think the jamming shower door would have been like this for quite a while. Doesn’t anyone check units for problems?

On my last night there I was woken up about 3am with a noise coming from outside. It sounded like water dripping down from a height on to a piece of metal. The noise was loud enough to make it near impossible to go back to sleep. Next day I mentioned this to the owner and he knew about the problem. He informed me that the people staying in the upstairs unit must have switched on their air conditioner through the night and as a consequence, moisture absorbed from the air drips down from the overflow pipe and splashes on to the metal surround of my air/con unit directly below. If I had been informed of this beforehand I would naturally have asked for another room!

The room itself was comfortable even though it was somewhat dated.
Date of stay: May 2020
Fully refundable
  • Booking.com
0.0 km from Econo Lodge Lilydale
Restaurant
Foothills conference centre deluxe twin share
  • Expedia.com
    AU$159
    AU$199
7.8 km from Econo Lodge Lilydale
View more hotels in Lilydale
All reviews good size one night queen bed new owners yarra valley coldstream wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 March 2020

Room was fine, floor needs carpet to deaden sound, looks like other rooms are being updated with work going on nearby, not a problem. Traffic noise minimal, not a bother. We thought there was a restaurant, but not the case.
however, we would stay there again

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

Unfortunately it was a long weekend & I booked this online as most places were full. It’s dirty & outdated. The carpet is disgusting ( scared to walk on it), the bedding was stained & sheets had hairs on them. Not a bad location but that’s about it. I do believe there are some refurbishment occurring in some rooms - you can only hope it hits all of them 🤦🏼‍♀️

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 799kerried
Reviewed 7 January 2020

Can't speak highly enough of cleanliness, service, amenities, staff attention. Even found some chocolates on the table when I returned one day. The room was exceptionally clean, the bed was amazing, and the area was extremely quiet and relaxing. It's close to shops and eating outlets, easy to access, and overall the best place I could have chosen for a few day's chill out.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank Fay H
Reviewed 14 April 2019 via mobile

We chose this place as it was dark, we were tired and it seemed ok from the outside..... However, Beware! Our room had the bare essentials but was dirty and smelt like cigarette smoke. The bed was uncomfortable and had a spring coming through which my husband almost cut his leg on!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2018 via mobile

So we checked into the motel on the 30th of November for 2 nights checking out 2nd of December the place was reasonably clean however is just old old old and needs to be updated the fact you check into rooms as couple and there's a cot in the room speaks volumes about the quality of the place will I'll come back no thank you never.
The room smells musty the corner of the shower was moldy on the outside there's a hole in the wall next to the towel rail, heater in the bathroom is nearly a year out of date on it's electrical check-up date by the tag, all of this is just totally unacceptable for a hotel to be charging any money at all for people to stay there

Date of stay: November 2018