Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Debra W
Lara, Australia

Nasty, Nasty!

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Apr 2019via mobile
We chose this place as it was dark, we were tired and it seemed ok from the outside..... However, Beware! Our room had the bare essentials but was dirty and smelt like cigarette smoke. The bed was uncomfortable and had a spring coming through which my husband almost cut his leg on!
Date of stay: April 2019
9.3 km from Econo Lodge Lilydale
    AU$243
7.5 km from Econo Lodge Lilydale
View more hotels in Lilydale
All reviews good size one night queen bed new owners yarra valley coldstream wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 December 2018 via mobile

So we checked into the motel on the 30th of November for 2 nights checking out 2nd of December the place was reasonably clean however is just old old old and needs to be updated the fact you check into rooms as couple and there's a cot in the room speaks volumes about the quality of the place will I'll come back no thank you never.
The room smells musty the corner of the shower was moldy on the outside there's a hole in the wall next to the towel rail, heater in the bathroom is nearly a year out of date on it's electrical check-up date by the tag, all of this is just totally unacceptable for a hotel to be charging any money at all for people to stay there

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Reading reviews from years ago...management obviously take no notice. Tired and grubby. Walking into our room was like stepping back in time, brick walls, linen on the bed looking extremely uninviting..... I really didn’t enjoy my stay and was pleased to leave. Golly, and I paid for the pleasure!! Yuk

Date of stay: October 2018
2  Thank farpavilions
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here one night on our way to a funeral. What a lovely, welcoming place. Nice, modern rooms with everything you need. Including a toaster 👍🏼. Bed comfy too!
Great parking at your door and nice male who checked us in.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018

For me, this motel being so old-fashioned was not a problem in itself but I found it extremely odd and inconvenient to have the fridge at the opposite end of a very long bench from the ONE power point available to be shared by the toaster, kettle and microwave. The microwave cord was also too short to reach the power point unless the microwave were moved closer to the power point! As others have observed, there were many stains on the carpet and the air-conditioner being ancient was extremely noisy. I was also disappointed to discover that the restaurant was not operational and therefore that room service was not an option. The convenience that this would have afforded was one of the reasons I had chosen to stay at this motel. Following the instructions provided with, I could not access the motel's wifi, not a problem I have ever encountered at any other motel. On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable and the water pressure in the shower was excellent and easily adjusted - which is not always the case. Most of the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful but I was less than impressed on my second to last morning when - having the previous evening communicated my intention of staying another night - I was rung up and asked if I was intending to stay another night. I was even less impressed when I was in effect asked to come to the office and pay for the extra night immediately. I had an appointment and simply stated that NO I could not pay on my way out, but would do so later in the morning, which I did! This was my seventh night at the motel I stay in motels frequently and I am used to consistency in hospitality. This is not a motel I would want to stay at again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2018

The motor inn is old and tired which I don't have a problem with.
However, the place was dirty. The bedspread had blood stains on the side of it which had not been washed. There was long strands of dark hair on the bathroom floor (I am a short haired blonde).
The bed was uncomfortable.
The restaurant and the bar were closed. (There was a room service option which we did not try).
The shower taps were reversed so if you stay there with young children beware.
They offered free wif but we couldn't find the hotspot.
Overall a horrible night.

Room tip: Not our room
Date of stay: March 2018