Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Fri, 26 Apr
Priceline
Fully refundable before Fri, 26 Apr
Go to your Happy Price
Fully refundable before Sat, 27 Apr
Sally D
Brisbane
CountryPlace are a terrible organisation
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Mar 2020
CountryPlace are a terrible organisation. They cancelled our event weeks in advance and then would not refund any of our money, even the money for food, wages and utilities that they didn't have to spend. No ethics. Stay elsewhere.
Date of stay: March 2020
    AU$140
    AU$156
3.4 km from Panorama Retreat & Resort
View more hotels in Kalorama
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 February 2020

Staff were great, food was generous and tasty, rooms average but adequate and the gardens and surrounds were really, really pleasant.

The whole experience was let down by terrible Wi-Fi and no phone signal for Optus (Telstra ok, apparently). I've stayed in remote pacific islands with much better wifi. The main dining room was ok, but absolutely no internet in many of the rooms. This was reported to hotel staff and I was told they would look into it. No improvement some days later.

It's difficult to recommend a location with no phone signal and terrible wifi. This will cost Country Place business in the long term, I'm sure.

Another minor complaint is the small tvs are mounted toward ceiling height and watching TV strains the neck.

Room tip: Ask for a room with decent wi-fi.
Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 11 July 2019

An excellent place! I loved every minute of my 5 days and nights at The Country Place. Tranquility of nature and warm, friendly staff. The food was absolutely gorgeous! I have a rather difficult diet to accommodate, and largely for health reasons; the chef team were absolutely wonderful, with every meal and dessert prepared with care and accommodated what I needed. Impressive and beyond expectations. My heartfelt gratitude to the team!
Preet Kalsi, from Malaysia

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 5 November 2018

I highly recommend Countryplace, providing a picturesque and comfy place to stay for both relaxation and events. The food is to die for, absolutely yummy. The staff are professional, attentive and friendly, happily sharing in a laugh or two. Nothing is too much trouble, as demonstrated when a guest announced a long list of dietary requirements right as dinner was being served. Not a beat was missed, as staff quickly and thoughtfully sorted out the meal for this guest. I’m looking forward to returning soon for our fourth visit. Thank you for another pleasurable stay at Countryplace.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Country P, General Manager at Panorama Retreat & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2018

Hi Marnie B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our venue.I am glad your enjoyed the surroundings and yummy food.

Cheers

Reviewed 1 November 2018

THe beautiful surrounds of the country place is the perfect location for conferences and training events.
The staff were helpful and friendly, able to assist with all needs including technology and special dietary needs, only too happy to help.
The surroundings are perfect for walks in the break times and just a pleasure to experience, a great place to unwind.
We didn't stay in the rooms overnight but the entire place looked well looked after, clean and beautiful décor a lovely place is the country place.
Ample parking onsite but no wheel chair access

Room tip: no wheel chair access
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank LoveubudMelbourne

Hi LovebudMelbourne,

Thank you for taking the time to review our venue, I am pleased you enjoyed your experience at our venue.

Cheers

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

2nd time here and have to come again for yet another 2 night stay. Food excellent, amenities for conferences good. I thought the room was small on my first visit, however didn’t realize they got even smaller!! Bathroom so small that toilet and sink in same space. External door opens on to the bed. No room for bedsides. It’s been a long time since I stayed in ‘student’ accomodation. Good for a wake up call I guess. Makes me appreciate what I have.

Also don’t expect any level of room service. The signage about towel reuse etc is quiet false. Don’t make the mistake of putting a unwanted towel in the shower cubicle as requested. It will still be there on your return after a full day of work. All you end up with is something that has been on the floor all day. 2 day/night stay gets nothing from the service.
However meals still excellent.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Country P, General Manager at Panorama Retreat & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Hello Roz E, thank you for taking the time to review our venue.
I am glad you enjoyed our food and conference facilities.
I have discussed your accommodation operation issues with our team.
I will raise your accommodation comments at our next board meeting and have forwarded your revue directly to our Directors.