“Away from hustle of the main strip”
Review of Wombat's Chai

Wombat's Chai
Ranked #10 of 51 Restaurants in Healesville
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 27 January 2019 via mobile

Don’t be put off by name, it’s not just for vegetarians, this place serves a wide range of tasty food to satisfy all tastes & preferences. My wife and I started with two very tasty pie and salad dishes and followed with decedent deserts. So few places offer baked cheese cake, I’d come back just for the baked cheese cake & coffee. Lovely friendly people, sit outside and enjoy.

Date of visit: January 2019
5  Thank 123TonyP

Reviewed 12 December 2018 via mobile

Great food in a quaint town! 10/10 would recommend to anyone coming through Yarra valley! The Lamingtons are especially delicious

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Have been going to this cafe since moving to the area a year ago, it is our favourite cafe in Healesville and we have tried them all.
Great home made food and coffee.
staff and owners are so welcoming, which we really appreciate.
A great experience

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Organic food in a quirky environment, with friendly service. This is a must visit for the heath conscious.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Visited here with my husband whilst on our anniversary break - and now I vow any time I go to Healesville I will be visiting here!
We visited twice, once for breakfast and once for lunch. I had mushrooms on toast, my husband had poached eggs on toast with mushroom and spinach. The eggs are beautifully cooked and taste so flavorful and rich.
Second time we went my husband had the same and I had a Thai style cauliflower soup - very impressed! So tasty. Vegan and gluten free.
The staff are very knowledgeable about what they serve as its home made for the most part.

Cakes are yummy too - we took a couple of gluten and dairy free cakes off hiking with us!

This place is well worth the wait to squeeze in!!
Don't let the small room put you off, walk up and down the high street till you can get a table if you need to!!! :)
The staff are very friendly warm and inviting.
The menu boasts organic produce too! (there is a mini shop set up going on here with organic jams and preserves, organic garlic and other goodies to grab)
Prices were reasonable too. I highly recommend going.

Date of visit: July 2018