“Lovely Experience”

Cuisines: Australian, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 February 2024 via mobile

We had driven up to Healesville to check out the Sunday market and as we drove in my partner saw that there was a Beechworth Bakery and he got quite excited about this - he loves a Beechworth Bakery.

After wandering around the market we went back into the bakery for lunch. I’m not gonna lie, I’m not the biggest fan of the Beechworth Bakery, but the Healesville site could be the one that changes my mind!

We walked in basically right on 12pm. There were 2 reasonably long lines of people waiting to place their orders, so we joined one of them and then waited as we made our way to the front of the line. It didn’t take too long at all.

Once we were there, we were served by a lady who seemed to have the balance right between being friendly, helpful and yet efficient enough to keep the line moving.

My partner got his usual pie and sausage roll and I grabbed a ham and salad sandwich.

We sat out on the front porch of the bakery to eat our food. It was really lovely out there and my sandwich was great. I was asked to finish half of the sausage roll so I did and was pleasantly surprised at how tasty it was.

Customer service was good, food was good, the bakery itself was good……….so I would recommend this bakery.

It would be good if there were rubbish bins outside, but that’s my only minor feedback.

Thanks Beechworth Bakery!

Date of visit: February 2024
Anthea Webster, Marketing at Beechworth Bakery Healesville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2024

Thank you very much for such a great review! We work really hard to offer an experience our customers love, so we’re thrilled to see that reflected in your feedback.
We hope to see you again soon 🥰

Reviewed 20 January 2024

We visited this morning as we were going to a house inspection and had been up since early and hadn't eaten. It was busy, weekend of course, took a while in line to get to order, that's fine. We waited for half an hour, no sign of our brunch and the queue had died down, so I asked the Barista if our order was coming shortly. She apologised, went through what we had ordered and apologised profusely, saying she wasn't sure what went wrong. We only waited another 5 minutes, but in that time, a staff member came out and apologised again whilst handing me back all my money. All of them wishing us a wonderful weekend. Wow, did the yummy brecky taste that bit nicer because it was free? Highly likely... we missed the house inspection, but the drive was lovely, as is the destination. See, it pays to be polite people, mistakes happen. Great customer service in the end. Will return, for sure.

Date of visit: January 2024
Anthea Webster, Marketing at Beechworth Bakery Healesville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2024

We hope to see you again soon 🥰

Reviewed 19 January 2024 via mobile

We expected it to be busy and it certainly was. With 1 cash register out of action the queues started at the doorway and service was slow. Tried the Sri Lankan beef curry pie and it was nice but it had 1 piece of beef - not sure if the was an accident or the norm. At $8 I expected more beef than gravy.

Date of visit: January 2024

Thank you for your review and we’re sorry to have disappointed you Llewellyn. Please know that we have passed your feedback on to our Production Manager. We do hope you decide to give us another go in the future.”

Reviewed 6 January 2024

On Saturday 29th April 2023 I went there with Kellie and I had a Beechworth Steak Pie and Kellie had a Caulioccoli Pie. After eating the Pie I had an upset stomach because they put corn flour in the pie pastry but I can't eat corn flour as I am allergic to it. I even asked the lady at the counter and she said it is made with flour only so she lied to my face so I wouldn't trust anything they say.

Date of visit: April 2023

Thank you for your review and we’re sorry to have disappointed you. Please know that we have passed your feedback on to our Production Manager. We do hope you decide to give us another go in the future.”

Reviewed 29 August 2023

I was heading home after a visit to Gippsland - I had a coffee earlier in the day which wasn't great and I was just looking for something quick so I could continue on my way home. The car parking area for this bakery is very generous which made it a good choice to stop at. The last visit to this bakery had been in 2019 at my father's insistence.

I did have a giggle when I realised whilst standing in the queue that you can visit all of their stores, like a treasure hunt, if you wish to make that an aim in life... there is a map outlining where they are located in the state- and I was a bit perplexed when I realised that I had started collecting the stores at some point because I have been to the Beechworth, the Bendigo, the Echuca and the Healesville stores.

There is seating on the deck and the outside lawn area has a couple of tables and there is also a considerable amount of seating inside. Customer service was friendly and efficient. I ordered a pie and found the pastry to be a bit floury but the pie itself was quite reasonable.

Date of visit: July 2023