“Great local watering hole.”
Review of Healesville Hotel

Healesville Hotel
Ranked #7 of 51 Restaurants in Healesville
Price range: AU$16 - AU$38
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: For decades the beautifully restored 1910 Healesville Hotel has been a warm and inviting gathering place for locals and tourists alike. Cosy, old-world vibes in the centre of town, serving modern gastropub food (and a few classic pub favourites) with a focus on local produce. A large selection of local beers on tap and an outstanding wine list with many local and international varieties. With roaring fires during winter and cool fans in summer, along with our shaded outdoor beer garden to enjoy the fresh air.
Reviewed 10 April 2024

Good old local pub. It was cold so the fire was lit. Very friendly and comfortable. Prices are reasonable and staff are great. Good for a drink drop in or meal.

Date of visit: October 2023

Reviewed 14 January 2024

nice location ,friendly helpful staff,comfortable rooms - HOWEVER
MEAL -pork $32 -chewy fatty barely enough to make a sandwich , on top of a few string beans and very light sprinkle of onion slices !
Cant remember a worse ripoff

1  Thank peter r
Reviewed 12 January 2024

As a local I have great memories of nights at Healesville Hotel with friends / family over the years great food and friendly service back then …
Had dinner in the beer garden this week ..this increased the rating as it is a great space .
Food this time was good last visit it was ordinary .
However when I arrived to order a drink there were 3 bar staff and they all ignored me ..they were busy setting up ( 6 pm ) and I felt invisible ..something a 60+ professional female does not appreciate .
When my friend went to order she also commented on being ignored and having to wait for 1 of the 4 bar staff present to serve her … and acknowledge her..
Service needs to improve and bar staff at least treat customers as present let alone a priority ..

To me bar staff looked tense which I assume is coming from poor management above them ..

Reviewed 2 January 2024 via mobile

We’ve eaten here on several occasions and I’ve thought the poor service was a “one off” but after this visit I’ve decided to write a review.
The food is good, the pub is a nice old authentic pub with a great garden.
However- the service is consistently poor. On arrival we have never been greeted with a welcoming smile. It always feels like it’s an inconvenience.
Our meals were slow to come out. In particular the kids meals were last. Critical to good service- get the kids fed first!
I asked for some extra aoli- it never arrived
Our drinks were slow and limited options - they don’t do jugs of drinks - again critical for kids. Didn’t have light beer. We ordered a grapefruit and elderberry spritz. The wait staff said they haven’t had that for ages and has asked the manager to take it off the drinks menu.
I feel management have become complacent with a low standard of customer service. They are poorly organised which is a shame because it’s a lovey old pub.
Food 5/5
Service 1/5.

Date of visit: January 2024
Reviewed 28 December 2023

Beautiful building however the red headed bar tender had so much bad attitude when asked about the beer and facilities… I wanted to remind them that they work in Hospitality not Hostility. Not worth the visit…