“Bar service was terrible, no systems in place and the manager obviously had no control over her staff.”
Review of Healesville Hotel

Healesville Hotel
Ranked #7 of 51 Restaurants in Healesville
Price range: AU$16 - AU$38
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: For decades the beautifully restored 1910 Healesville Hotel has been a warm and inviting gathering place for locals and tourists alike. Cosy, old-world vibes in the centre of town, serving modern gastropub food (and a few classic pub favourites) with a focus on local produce. A large selection of local beers on tap and an outstanding wine list with many local and international varieties. With roaring fires during winter and cool fans in summer, along with our shaded outdoor beer garden to enjoy the fresh air.
Reviewed 27 December 2023

Would not go back to the Healesville Hotel again as the service in the bar is pathetic.
I watched one man walk out when 4 bar staff ignored him and he was the only person at the bar. It was not busy so I'd hate to see it when its busy.
They picked up glasses put them in the dishwasher and looked for other things to do other than what they are being paid for SERVE THE CUSTOMERS.
I gave them the benefit of the doubt and went up to the bar to get another glass of wine. I had been standing there for a minute or so when a couple arrived at the bar to order drinks. They got served before me and when I protested that I had been standing there for a couple of minutes I was told by this red haired guy to get out if I didn't like the service.
This guy and his taller mate obviously did not want to be there so its a bit rich when you are paying an extra 10% for no service.
We had lunch there and had to queue for 30 minutes just to put in our order and our lunch finally arrived 45 minutes later.
The food was good but I don't want to have to wait over an hour to get it.

Date of visit: December 2023

Reviewed 22 October 2023 via mobile

Great venue but service was chaos. Lovely area in beer garden to dine on a balmy evening. You can order at bar inside hotel and van in beer garden apparently. Couldn't see the point of the van........one staff member trying madly to take orders, make drinks AND delivery them.......he was actually running. And food orders were redirected to bar. Staff seemed overwhelmed and a bit disconnected. No one appeared to be in charge. Food was ok, I had the pumpkin salad (pretty simple for the money asked), my partner had fish and chips and said he couldn't identify the dry fillet inside batter. Chips were nice, salad was just lettuce (boring). Over all, not enthused to go back anytime soon, and I'm local. I want to support local, so I hope things improve somewhat. Will return in the future maybe when things settle in.

Date of visit: October 2023
Reviewed 1 October 2023

The Parma was ok but the salad was a handful of green that’s it, no tomato, cucumber or even onion it wasn’t pleasant at all

Date of visit: September 2023
Reviewed 27 August 2023 via mobile

We were here on a Friday night and enjoyed a lovely atmosphere in the beer garden. The staff were friendly and the food was great! The serving were generous! Good options for gluten free menu items. Always a plus. There were families with kids and dogs in the garden. Great and relaxed atmosphere for a Friday night.

Date of visit: August 2023
Reviewed 18 August 2023 via mobile

Only 2 days in and the new crew at the Healesville Hotel have a winning formula. Solid food, friendly efficient staff, great vibe, appropriate interior design for a country hotel with original reseed ceilings, bentwood chairs, moss green walls and real log fires in all rooms. Our Rump, Brussel sprouts and green leaf salad were all delicious. The Heathcote Shiraz was beautiful but we’d love to see some more Yarra Valley big reds. We know they’re hard to find and never cheap. Keep up the great work. Healesville has been overdue for a foodie pub like this.

Date of visit: August 2023