we stayed at the Kookaburra Motor Lodge for 2 nights at the end of December. Peggy was the friendliest and most helpful of hosts, she knew we were on our honeymoon and had prepared a bottle of champagne for us in our bedroom's fridge! she had lots of tips on the best walks to do around the Grampians, and we weren't disappointed! The location is great, Halls Gap and the Grampians in general are a heaven for wildlife and especially birds and we did have breakfast with cockatoos and kangaroos on our patio as well! We also saw emus, crimson rosellas, kookaburras, echidnas, blue-tongue lizards and a huge, rather menacing-looking deer in the short space of time we were there!! In hindsight we wished we had stayed longer, there is so much to do in the area and it's just wonderful to be in such a beautiful natural environment!
The Motor Lodge itself is very well tended, the rooms are spacious, with big bathrooms, and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was not included but we ordered it to have it in our room and it was excellent and very good value-for-money, just what you need before setting off for a hike in the Grampians. The room has everything you need: air conditioner, kettle, toaster, flat-screen TV, hair-drier, etc. The bed was really comfortable and the towels were soft! We couldn't have asked for more and we wish we can go back at some point! Thank you so much for one of te highlights of our 3 weeks in Australia!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 14 Units centrally located in Halls Gap. Off the main road in a quiet location. An easy walk to shops, cafes and restaurants. Spectacular views of the surrounding Grampians National Park. Wildlife at your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Odigeo, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Kookaburra Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kookaburra Hotel Halls Gap
- Kookaburra Motel Halls Gap
- Kookaburra Motor Lodge Halls Gap, Grampians