“One regret ...that we couldn't stay longer!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Lodges

Halls Gap
Local wildlife in the gardens of The Lodges
Emu
McKenzies Falls
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Any
Lyn E
Sydney, Australia
“One regret ...that we couldn't stay longer!”
Reviewed 2 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

We have just returned from a travelling trip around Vic & wanted to sing out the praises of our wonderful accomodation in Halls Gap - 'The Lodges'- The Kingfisher Lodge. When we arrived we were blown away by just how lovely our accomodation was. The location is fantastic- walk up to the little village shops &the serenity & wildlife that surrounds. And oh, that view that you wake up to in the morning!!! The bedroom & bathroom upstairs were lovely & luxurious even with a telescope at the window to take a closer look at The escarpment & downstairs living was so comfortable & cosy with the lovely fire. The kitchen was extremely well equipped & there was also a selection of DVDs ,music, games & maps provided.I told Peter the owner who is so house proud that it was one of the loveliest places we had stayed & our one regret was that we couldn't stay longer.!! I know next time the plan will be, to make sure we do stay longer to really enjoy Kingfisher Lodge.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole place- it's serenity, style & design, location
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
SuchiSD
San Diego, California
“Just what the doctor ordered”
Reviewed 2 May 2013 for a stay in March 2013

My colleague and I needed a break from work and we found it at the Blue Wren, one of several lodges run by the Shrive family in Halls Gap! I am from the US (California) and my colleague is from China. We are both in Australia for work and up til our stay had not had much opportunity to see kangaroos. We were very pleasantly surprised to see kangaroos in the yard when we pulled up to the lodge and we were happy to enjoy our breakfast with them the next morning. Our dreams came true. The lodge itself was beautiful - very clean, well stocked, comfortable beds, a great fireplace and a wonderful jacuzzi tub. It is conveniently located - close enough to town to walk but far enough away to feel like you have escape. I give it my strongest recommendation.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The kangaroos at our doorstep.
Liked least: The fact that we could not stay longer.
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Geelong

Rugged travelers
Timboon
Reviewed 1 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing