“Such a relaxing getaway. Great Chalets with Fantastic hosts!”
Review of Grampians Chalets

Grampians Chalets
Melbourne, Australia
“Such a relaxing getaway. Great Chalets with Fantastic hosts!”
Reviewed 11 January 2011

The Grampians Chalets are a delightful experience. Inclusive of a fully functional kitchen, massive bathroom with large sized shower. The spa bath was gorgeous, also the technological equipment is up to date. A surround sound theatre system inclusive of large plasma screen TV with a comfortable chaise lounge to relax on. Outdoor sun loungers to relax on the balcony. On arrival a bottle of champagne was easily consumed while a yabbie pot is organized in the wetlands for you, there are plenty to be caught! Or simply relax and watch the wildlife. Kangaroos, resident kookaburras which can be hand fed, resident ducks and ducklings taking swimming lessons, but most importantly, the bed was SO COMFORTABLE!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Shang Hai
Reviewed 6 January 2011

When I checked in I felt very good on the chalet's considitions and it seems worth with 170$ per night.
But such good feeling was broken by a supprised credit bill when I back Melboune, that hotel charged to me 50$ addtionally WITHOUT any notice although they have my mobile and email! I had to call back them and got to know what happened.... The reason is I didnt clean the kitchen facilities. They didnt have enough staff during holiday, so they had to charge to me.

It's very unfair to me. Either when I made the booking, or when I check in, hotel staff never mentioned such terms or possible charge. In hotel website, it says nothing about such charges. Expecially they didnt contact me and use my credit card without permission of me. This is quite poor service and impolite I have to say.
I tried to negotiate with them later on but they didn show any good faith to solve this problem. What a disappointed service!

Actually this hotel locates in a small area with groups of hotels. Most of them have similar conditions, so there are many choices and I didnt choose a smart hotel for my trip......
My friend went there with me and he ever stayed in YHA of Grampians. He regreted to choose this hotel, YHA is much better for a person who wanna a pleased trip.....

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LaurenceLuan
syzmczak, Owner at Grampians Chalets, responded to this review, 10 January 2011
Our guest left very happy and praised us on our establishment. Then I went to chalet a complete mess, plates left on table with breakfast leftovers, utensils left on/in fry pan, dirty
dishes left on sink. Red wine spilt on doona. He told me that because I had not told him he had to do dishes he could leave as is. We have dishwashers in every chalet ,HOW HARD IS IT TO PUT DISHES IN WASHER?
Singapore
Reviewed 12 December 2010

*Reviewer stayed in a deluxe chalet*

It was a lovely place to stay after a 7 hr flight into melbourne followed by a 3 hr drive out to halls gap. Room was clean and comfy and the lovely jacuzzi (only available for deluxe chalets) was a perfect way to relax after a day of hiking.

Chalet comes with a full kitchen, dish washer, TV with basic cable channels and a DVD player (DVDs available for loan from reception) and surround sound system. Toilet and separate jacuzzi, heating and air conditioning facilities, attached parking lot with shelter and a porch with a view!

Reservation process may be less than ideal, with the landlord doing a manual credit card transaction (for full payment) to secure booking but this appears to be an attempt to minimize administrative cost on his side. Cost was comparable to similar offerings in the area, in my opinion.

It was a pleasant stay overall and one I will certainly consider if I return to halls gap again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tanjonhan
Victoria
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We were after villa-style accommodation and found that the Grampians Chalets fit that description nicely.
Management accommodated our late arrival. The room had been warmed for us and we were greeted with a bottle of wine.
The place was small, cosy, and kept warm by a split-system, gas-log fire and electric blankets. It had all the necessary facilities.
The gas-log fire stopped working on our second day, and when we tried to contact management we were informed that no one would be around until the following day.
While the service wasn't bad, it was laid back to the point of not being there for the check out time the next morning. We felt a courtesy heads-up wouldn't have gone astray.
Overall, a really nice place in a lovely location.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chiquita_999
syzmczak, Manager at Grampians Chalets, responded to this review, 4 January 2011
New owners now onsite 24/7 from september 24 2010