Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Wed, 29 May
Rebecca
Adelaide, Australia

Beautiful location

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 July 2023
We had a powered caravan on-suite site
Very clean park & well maintained
Staff very helpful & friendly
Park has Lots of Kangaroos & we saw two deer one night
Walking distance to town
Great views of the Grampians
Good value for money, NRMA/RAA discount
Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Park Manager, Other at NRMA Halls Gap Holiday Park, responded to this review
Responded 25 July 2023
Hi Rebecca, thank you for your wonderful review. We're so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Happy travels, Claire
AU$150
    AU$131
    AU$99
1.2 km from NRMA Halls Gap Holiday Park
Pool
                  view towards lounge from dining room
AU$95
    AU$99
    AU$118
1.7 km from NRMA Halls Gap Holiday Park
View more hotels in Halls Gap
All reviews games room bedroom cabin stayed nights town centre electric blankets facilities grampians walks van roomy creek winter lookout bbq
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2022

Stayed twice, 1st time, before arrival, I asked for something to sit on in the shower, reply yes, that was no problem. On arrival, no chair, 4 days stay, chair never arrived. Second visit, not long after the first, on arrival at check in asked if there was a chair for use in the bathroom/shower, rely yes. On arrival at the unit, checked the bathroom, no stool/chair.
Note: there were two people working at reception when I arrived, when I got the yes there was a chair/stool for use in the shower, the other reception attendant didn’t correct the other. I was the only customer in reception at the time.
The office knew I had booked an accessible room on both occasions as I had phoned and talked to reception about may needs. The fact that it was an assisted/accessible reservation was printed on the top of the paperwork at ~8.30am that morning.
On arrival, second visit, after I discovered no shower chair/stool, I had to have a good think about how to handle the situation. I felt dealing with onsite staff was futile, so my conclusion was to phone head office. I did, was told someone would phone me back, to this day NO ONE has phoned.

Room tip: go elsewhere.
Date of stay: October 2022
Park Manager, Other at NRMA Halls Gap Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2022

We're sorry you had a bad experience. We do have shower chairs available and our receptionist who checked you in genuinely believed a chair was in your cabin as she used to be a housekeeper. A quick phone call to reception could have resolved the issue for you in 5 minutes but you never contacted us. As the new park manager, I have made sure this type of cabin now has these chairs and have advised my staff that they are not to be removed. I believe the call you made was to our sales center who don't deal with these sort of issues. The park managers at our parks are here to help and would have gladly helped if we had known about the issue.

Reviewed 9 October 2022

I have stayed at this park in the past and felt satisfied. So my most recent visit resulted in my being surprised and somewhat disappointed. Therefore, I was unable to grade the review of this location as "Extremely Good" nor "good value" as I had in the past. Although I was satisfied with much that i found during my recent visit, (the facility overall still appeared to be well maintained and clean, the staff members I encountered were friendly and helpful) I was greatly disappointed to note that the toilet and showers were not clean. In fact, I found them to be in a disgusting state, (muddy floors, dirty shower cubicles, filthy toilets) on several occasions, (both in the morning and in the evening). Additionally, it did not appear that these toilet and shower facilities were being regularly cleaned by anyone. I hope that management shall pay more attention to ensuring that these facilities are kept clean for customers, especially during periods when many people are using them and related improvements are made prior to my next visit.

Room tip: Cleanliness of Toilets & Shower Facilities Needed Attention
Date of stay: September 2022
Park Manager, Other at NRMA Halls Gap Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2022

Hi, thankyou for taking the time to give us some feedback about your stay. It is a shame to hear you had an issue with our amenities cleaning. The amenities were cleaned in full everyday about 11am to 1pm and morning and afternoon checks were done. Our housekeepers did report back after cleaning them how they were surprised to see them such a mess each time they went out. We know during school holidays they do become dirty very shortly after cleaning them, hence our 3 checks a day, but this school holidays being so wet and muddy everywhere was most likely the reason behind them getting so muddy very quickly.
We do pride ourselves on keeping the park buildings and grounds as clean and tidy as possible. This task can be very hard during the type of weather we had over the holidays. We do hope that this helps to explain the situation and we do hope you have a chance to return to the park when the weather conditions improve.

Reviewed 9 September 2022 via mobile

If you are after a park to pull up the van and enjoy the tranquility, then ask first if there are school groups in. We were allocated a spot overlooking the creek and Grampians……beautiful.. however we could not hear ourselves think for the screaming kids on a school camp right next to us. If we were warned when we booked we would have gone elsewhere.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Park Manager, Other at NRMA Halls Gap Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2022

Hi Robyn, thank you for sending us your feedback. We're disappointed to hear that you had an issue with the school group we had staying in your area and we will take your feedback on board. We are sorry it did not make your stay as enjoyable with us.
We would have been more than happy to move you to the other section of the park if we had know they were causing you issues. We do hope we can welcome you back in the future, where your stay would be more enjoyable. - Claire

Reviewed 23 July 2022 via mobile

Great park, well located close to Halls Gap with good amenities.
We hired a 2 bedroom cabin which was well sized, clean and comfortable. Perfect for a family of 3 or 4.
The bathroom and bedrooms were large. Kitchen utensils adequate. Main queen bed had electric blankets which was nice given how cold the night time temperatures were.
Bed linen provided which was neatly packaged up for the single beds considering the COVID situation. Very happy with the stay!

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Park Manager, Other at NRMA Halls Gap Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2022

Hi, thank you for your fantastic review. We're so happy you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to welcome you again soon. Happy travels, Claire

Reviewed 30 June 2022

Stayed in a 1 bedroom cabin with under cover parking. Very spacious with a full kitchen setup. Plenty of room to move around in. Quite location. You have to be careful driving through the park in the early evening as lots of kangaroo's about. Also had emu's wandering through the grounds. Stayed two nights to give us time to visit a number of tourist spots in the area.

Date of stay: June 2022
Park Manager, Other at NRMA Halls Gap Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2022

Hi Dennis, thank you for your fantastic review. We're so happy you enjoyed your stay, the wildlife are amazing in the park, makes it so much more interesting to observe them in their natural habitat.
We hope to welcome you again soon. Happy travels, Claire