“If you like animals, this is the place to go. Take your camera and be sure to take the tractor-pulled wagon ride!”

Briarwood Ranch Safari Park
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Morristown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Briarwood Ranch is an Auto Safari Park offering a scenic, four-mile safari through beautiful hills and pasture lands where you will experience animals from six continents. You can take your time studying their behavior from the safety of your own car and take lots of photographs. The park also offers tractor pulled wagon rides, a store, restrooms, a picnic area, and a petting zoo. With all this, you have a great location for a birthday party or family reunion. Our wagon rides are by appointment only.
Reviewed 13 November 2017

I had one of the best days of my life at Briarwood Safari Park last Friday. After getting our feed buckets, we drove the 4-mile drive through the park in our own car and were excited about the number of animals that came right to our car for some food. All animals were very friendly. And the drive itself was very beautiful. We then petted our way through the petting zoo, where we met David and Yo, who run Briarwood and care for the animals. The real fun came when we took the tour again on their tractor-pulled wagon. All of the animals knew it was feeding time and came right to the wagon for hand feeding, and as we would go to the next stop, David would dump buckets of feed from the back of the wagon leaving a trail of feed for all the animals to eat. At the next stop, we would soon be surrounded by animals again. We were hand-feeding elk, bison and water buffalo, zebras, llamas, deer and so many other animals I don't even remember their names. I never imagined I would ever be close enough to pet such magnificent creatures let alone have them eat from my hand. David and Yo were very knowledgeable about the animals and readily answered all questions. You could tell how much they cared for all of then. My husband and I were in heaven being surrounded by such beautiful animals. We watched elk sparing with their antlers, and the big males bugling. Awesome!!! We're so thankful to have a place like this in our area. When you go, be sure to take your camera. You can go through the park as many times as you want, but BE SURE to take the wagon ride (call for wagon reservations). You won't be sorry. Briarwood Safari Park is a MUST SEE! You'll have the time of your life! I can't wait to go back again!!

2  Thank Rosalee_50
All reviews
"petting zoo"
in 10 reviews
"wagon ride"
in 6 reviews
"any age"
in 4 reviews
"wide variety of animals"
"east tn"
"species"
"camera"
"emu"

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This is a wonderful off the beaten path experience. We drove through on our own and had no trouble getting the animals up to the car. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

This was the second time that I had been there. I enjoyed it both times. The first time I drove thru the park. The second time I decided to go on the wagon. I take alot of photos so this was better for me. Everyone there was very nice and helpful.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Found Briarwood Safari by accident while driving around on vacation and I must say it turned out to be the most memorable part of our vacation! Seniors to small children in our group all agreed it was well worth the stop. The staff was super friendly and we look forward to our next trip!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 October 2017

This trip was my third time back to Briarwood. The first two times, I drove through, which was great, and lots of fun, you can take your time with feeding the animals, go around as many times as you want. You actually see more animals the second time around that you may not have seen the first time! This trip we opted for the wagon ride & I'm so glad we did! It was so enjoyable. The animals flocked to the wagon, the gentleman driving the tractor shared all sorts of information, and gave us plenty of time to take photos. This was without a doubt one of the highlights of our trip to Tennessee!!! Make the drive to Briarwood---you won't regret it!!