Puffing Billy And Healesville Sanctuary Scenic Tour

Book in advance
from
AU$196.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Emerald Lake
from AU$196.00
More Info
All reviews puffing billy autumn colours trout dandenong ranges all ages lots of fun lakeside station playground park visitors olinda path
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 April 2023

I love this park and the old Puffing Billy station but they have completely ruined it by building a new so called Visitors Centre that looks like it was designed by a 2 year old. This huge concrete and tin building together with its concrete walkways completely over shadows the lovely old station. It is horrible and completely destroys the old world charm of this place. Inside this new visitors centre is a cafe and gift shop. This is a complete abomination in this otherwise wonderful park. By the way don't forget your credit card if you want to park in the new car park because they do not recognise coins of the realm.

Date of experience: April 2023
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 10 January 2023 via mobile

This is a beautiful lake and park, well organised and signed, enough for a family to enjoy a great ,peaceful day out. Plenty to see and experience no matter what age you are.

Date of experience: December 2022
Reviewed 9 July 2022

A beautifully maintained area for people of all ages. There are the pedal-boats to hire, or throw a line in and try for a trout in the smaller lake. Extensive parkland lawns immaculately maintained provide plenty of places to throw down a picnic rug, play games or sit and read your book. A path circumnavigates the lake, with a bridge at one end. There are signs indicating that jumping/diving off the bridge is not allowed - didn't stop the local kids jumping in and having lots of fun. The Puffing Billy makes a stop at the Lakeside station, as an alternate way of accessing the park. Thoroughly recommend as a place to come with the whole family.

Reviewed 2 May 2022

I stepped out of my car after easily finding a carpark .... I believe it was the time of day that had this carpark about 70% empty... still it was approaching dusk and I was running out of time. I put a jacket on and started to walk ,,, there were still families and individuals out walking at this time of the evening. The shadows were covering the pathways in areas so I stepped up the pace to go for a walk.

With the autumn colours... the meandering pathways... bridges ... birdlife slipping almost noiselessly into the water before me... it was quite peaceful. I walked around the lake, taking the shortest route due to the fading light. Occasionally a leaf would flutter through the air and slowly descend as it is destined to do during this season. The glistening colours captivated me as I walked.

The final flood of colours slipping slowly away as the night began to descend.

When I returned to my car the light has almost all but faded and still there were others making their way to their cars as well. I would return here again if I were in the area.

1  Thank Crystalline4u
Reviewed 29 April 2022

My wife and I drove here for a visit during our recent holiday in Dandenong Ranges, where we stayed in a holiday cottage for two nights in Olinda.

This is a very nice and relatively large local park with a lake, playground, outdoor gym, murals and walking tracks. There is also a new Puffing Billy Lakeside Visitor Centre that has recently been completed but it was not open on the day of our visit, due to a power failure (no electricity). We will visit this new Centre on our next visit, perhaps next year.

We walked around the lake and up the hill to see the murals. Autumn is a nice time to visit.