Lowest prices for your stay
ZenHotels.com
AU$125
robwil2
Merimbula, Australia

Old but comfortable

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 Mar 2019via mobile
We stayed 2 nights for a family wedding that held the reception not far away. The room was old but clean and the house keeping staff were friendly and helpful. A lot of workers staying there but no problem with noise etc. The first room we were given on the ground floor had a bad damp smell and not the bedding configuration we wanted so we were moved up stairs. This was much better and no smell. We ate at the hotel dinner one night and breakfast one morning, very happy with the meals as were the crowd of locals for steak Wednesday night. Not a bad place to stay but a little over priced.
Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kaori queen bedroom
5.4 km from Dorset Gardens Hotel
Other
    AU$214
5.5 km from Dorset Gardens Hotel
Foothills conference centre deluxe twin share
    AU$157
5.3 km from Dorset Gardens Hotel
View more hotels in Croydon
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2019

I needed a place close to a business I wanted to visit. I enquired over the phone and booked in my room. The meal was pleasant and they allowed me to take my bottle of wine with me. The place is quite large and the rooms are away from the main area. Not much to chose from in that suburb so I would stay again. plenty of parking too.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2019 via mobile

Am awesome place to stay for a work trip. Attached to a well serviced entertainment facility with an exceptional and diverse food menu. Very helpful staff. The bed in the clean room was one of the most comfortable that I have had on a business trip in a while. Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2019

Attended lunch in the bistro where the cricket was on tv, and keno on another while dining. Pleasant setting in large room with few other people or noise to disturb us. Provided with the largest parma I have seen and realised my 14 yo son would not be able to consume the meal in one sitting.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Darren M
Reviewed 20 December 2018 via mobile

We booked the family room for 3 Adults.
It was unexpectedly quite a nice room.
The room was large, with plenty of space. Had 2 single beds in the living area and queen bed in the bedroom.
We were upgraded to the spa room too. So had a spa bath in the bathroom. (Not that we used it).
It had 2 sofas aswell so if you had a big group would be a perfect room on the cheap.
The amenities in the room were good including tv with inbuilt dvd player x2. Iron and ironing board, big fridge, kettle, microwave and toaster.
If I were heading down for a quick weekend, would definitely consider staying again.
Also the lady who checked us in was lovely, even letting me email her concert tickets for her to print out as I had forgotten too.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank LaurenEB_11
Reviewed 11 December 2018 via mobile

Gosh this place has changed since I came here in the 90’s. My parents brought me here today for lunch and they come every ten days or so for a meal that they always say is superb. Being in their mid 80’s and therefore, seniors, the food is reasonably priced.
We had a Caesar salad, warm chicken salad and fish tails with vegetables. Plus my parents both had apple crumble.
I was surprised by the breadth of the menu and there are an amazing amount of choices. Dietaries are well catered for.
During the day it seemed to be full of older people and I’m 57 and felt the youngest.
Nicely decorated for Christmas including a visit from Santa.
Wheelchair friendly. Very friendly in fact because many visitors are with walking frames and crutches.
Kid friendly. Good parking.
Well worth a visit and try out the food.

Date of stay: December 2018