“Coffee great and such nice staff”
Review of Zelena

Zelena
Ranked #32 of 98 Restaurants in Croydon
Reviewed 14 February 2017

I go here for mothers group for coffee and the owners are easily the nicest of all cafes in Croydon. Great customer service and consistent good coffee. Even though we are annoying with prams sometimes they are always nice and accomodating. Cakes look amazing, will do lunch next time.

12  Thank ebony45
Write a reviewReviews (113)

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Excellent service - will be back
The manager was very kind and gave us 2 free small cakes - they were the best
Purchase 10 extra from them
Great food & great service
Will be back !!!

11  Thank Con D
Reviewed 12 February 2017

popped in for a coffee on a monday. Home made dessert/cake/sweets looked soooo good booked in for valentines day

10  Thank Milligate
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

- we had to get our own menus, and our own water
- ordered two coffees (after having to almost grab a waitress to get out orders taken) that were exactly the same, got two different ones.
- ordered scrambled eggs, we got poached.
- left one of the ingredients off the breakfast board
- we had dirty cups sitting on our table for over half an hour. The waitresses walked past NUMEROUS times with empty hands, and didn't pick them up.
- then, when I proceeded to tell the lady on the front counter, instead of listening to my complaint, she kept yelling over the top of me, and trying to give me "free cakes" to make up for it.

I understand that they may have been "having an off day" or that the cafe is relatively "new", but if someone is giving you FEEDBACK, LISTEN and offer something to rectify the situation, rather than trying to throw cakes in their face after they've just EATEN. A better solution would've been a discount or take our coffees off the bill. customer service was appalling, the wait time was horrific and the complaints management was literally the worst I've ever come across.

The saving grace was the food- which was delicious- but definitely NOT worth going back for, when there are much better cafes a few doors down. Seriously disappointing!!!!

2  Thank ttttara89
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Visited for coffee in late December and lunch in mid January. Being a local and seeing the restaurant taking shape, I've been excited for the opening of Zelena's - potentially another great eatery in busy Croydon. On a hot December day, air conditioning was not working. We were told we had to sit at the hot end of the restaurant. The waitress told us that the cooler end was "closed". Thankfully a manager stepped in and allowed us to move to the cooler back section. Wait staff were friendly but seemed confused and still learning the ropes. On second visit for lunch - good service but food was underwhelming. Ordered smashed avo with poached egg. Nothing special about it. Bread so hard I had trouble sawing through it. Not much avocado. A few kernels of corn and salad leaves. I've had much better elsewhere and it was nothing I couldn't have made at home. Restaurant fit-out and styling is great - Zelena's certainly has potential but service needs fine tuning and food needs a lift

Date of visit: January 2017