All reviewsyogurton arrivalbluestonecottagebrekkylinensballaratpropertyhostscomfortbunya
Reviewed 8 June 2016

Thank you for a wonderful stay. Such a beautiful house and set up. The breakfast was so delicious and fresh. It was a great place to relax and escape Melbourne. We also appreciated the warm welcome and personal touches.

Room Tip: There are 2 cottages - we stayed in Cedar which is the larger of the 2 which also has a spa bath
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FoodieJimbo
Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

Did not make us feel welcome!

The venue is under new management (since the old positive reviews were left.)

The owners now are very touchy about who's allowed to visit guests, and also very insistent that no photos on the garden are permitted... Kind of a counterintuitive way to treats paying guests.

The grouchy owner kept saying things like "as my personal property" and "it's a private property" when we asked if members of our family could take some photos there - even though we had asked and booked many months in advance - super weird as we were guests and had paid to be treated as guests with access to the property, not as random trespassers!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Gje2016
Reviewed 29 March 2016

We stayed in the smaller Brim Brim cottage over two nights. It was very cosy, especially with the log fire burning in the evening. The gardens surrounding the property are very well maintained and make for a great atmosphere in which to get away from it all. The hospitality from Sue was wonderful, in particular the home made bread and delicious eggs and bacon provided for breakfast. It all made up for a great Easter weekend.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simon S
Reviewed 19 March 2016

DO NOT GO HERE.
It is under new management (Jan 2016). I don't like to say anything bad about anyone, let alone another woman, but Sue is in the wrong business. She is inhospitable, controlling and a bully. She harangued, harassed and bullied me mercilessly. She was at every step unhelpful, mean-minded, rude, and treated me like I scum, not a guest.

She took our 3 day booking ( which was made solely to have access to the gardens for an hour on the Sat for my daughter and her wedding party - bridesmaids and groomsmen- to have photos taken in a beautiful garden), then 3 days before the wedding said we couldn't use the gardens.

She would not let us cancel the booking. Every which we we calmly tried to explain that as guests we surely had access to the garden, she attacked. She was extremely aggressive and rude.

Because we had booked Brim Brim solely for the hour use of the gardens, I had accommodation elsewhere for myself and my daughters including the bride. When she wouldn't let us use the garden, my ex-husband and I decided we would provide the brim Brim cottage as accommodation for 2 members of our family. I told Sue and I provided sheets for the first night so she wouldn't have to change them for the family member taking the 2nd 2 nights.
She bullied and harangued me, my ex-husband, my daughter and my partner, including calling us during the wedding rehearsal to attack me for the sheets, saying it was her business and I had no right to make decisions and she had a reputation to protect and how dare I .. .. on and on as I begged to get off the phone, crying, at the wedding rehearsal.
I could go on - my daughters ( 2 met her) were subject to snide remarks and aggression and my ex and my current partner were blindsided.

The cottage itself is beautiful.
The woman is toxic. She had a significant impact on what should have been pure happiness and delight- which we experienced with every other member of the Ballarat community with whom we came in contact.
Do not go here.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
10  Thank drgaeljennings
Reviewed 8 February 2016

Fantastic independant Cottage in a marvellous Garden. Stephen the host was nice and friendly.We were there to visit sovereign hill with our little boy and we could play in the garden during our stay.
It's a you do it yourself brekafast with an independent ktichen.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family